Pakistani Food in Santo Domingo

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi Everyone

This coming Thursday (Nov 8th) at MiTiverna Bar, located behind the old Trio NightClub (Same Plaza) on Ave Lincoln, is doing a Pakistani Buffet night. In the buffet will be Tandoori Chicken, Roti, Daal, Korma, Kebabs, real Basmati Rice (Biryani) and two traditional sweet dishes. Also, all the condiments will be there including 2 different types of home-made yogurt sauce. Everyone is invited and the price per person is RD$450 p/p for the buffet. Buffet starts at 6 and ends at midnight. For reservations, drop me a quick note with your name / number of people and the time you would like to reserve for. There will be Indian / Pakistani videos and music and some very interesting art to view. Look forward to your support and meeting all of you there. Thanks Oscar

For more information you can call 809-803-2544 / 809-418-5413 / 809-472-4387

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi Everyone
The Question has been is the food really authentic. Let me tell you - its about as authentic as it gets - as its prepared by Pakistanis in an environment that allows you to enjoy the culture of Pakistan while having a great meal similiar to what you would find in the States or Europe......

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
a big HELLO to thomas, the owner of MI Taverna, he's my wife's cousin. heck of a nice guy too! tell him mike said hello and that he should watch his cholesterol..............

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi Mike
Will do and yes - he is a great guy. If you are in the area, join us, it will be fun and with great food as always at MiTaverna..... :)

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi

Tonight is the night for great Pakistani food - starts at 6 and ends at midnight. If you dont have reservations, just drop by and enjoy a great meal - look forward to seeing you at MiTaverna..... If you need directions, give me a call at 809-803-2544
Regards

Oscar

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Oscar, I look forward to your email about advertising on DR1.
Better still, why don't you offer DR1 members a discount?

Email: robert@dr1.com

Please respond or the thread will be deleted.

Awaiting your email...

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi Robert

Responded to you via PM - also thats for the great idea - anyone who mentions DR1 tonight will receive a 10% discount on the buffet - thanks

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I might stop by tonight after the Red Cross meeting, AZB wants me to go spy for him!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Sorry was not able to make it, meeting finished late! Maybe next Thursday it will be on??

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
So the event was a great hit?? I guess no one went there from DR1. Too bad, i wanted to know how was the food.
AZB

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Is this a regular thing? Every Thursday or just once a month? Please do let us know. We couldn't make it this time but I love Pakistani/Indian food.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
dringa said they were hoping to make it a weekly event, and then he said they'd definitely have one next week, but I can't find the post - maybe it was wishful thinking on my part?

I sent him a PM and hopefully he'll come back to the thread/send me a personal reply. I know he crossed the free advertising line but up to a point he is providing a community service for us deprived Indian/Pakistani food lovers!

holita

Jun 6, 2006
The Food was great

I went and the food was excellent. A little procey, but worth it for the amount of food. I was very satisfied!!! I hope to make it next week.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi Everyone - Yes the evening was a great success and we have an aritcle in El Nacional today for the event. I am confirming that next Thursday we will have another great evening of Pakistani / Indian food available for anyone who wishes to join us. Holita - thank you for your response and It was a pleasure meeting you - I look forward to meeting the rest of you next Thursday. Drop me an IM for reservations as it got crowded last night for awhile with walk-ins and I want to make sure that we spread the times out so everyone can enjoy the meal. Remember 10% discount by mentioning DR1 - sorry Robert - about crossing the line - will PM you about a banner..... Again - Thanks everyone for the support and let me know if there is anything special that you want on next weeks buffet and I will try to include it..... Regards Oscar

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am glad it was a success. Its about time we have a good pakistani / indian restaurant on this island.
AZB (the best self proclaimed pakistani chef in santiago).

Kiboko

Dec 26, 2006
We had a great time there last night and will definitely go again. I'd been craving Indian/Pakistani food for so long. The dancing was an added bonus. We've been promised spicer food and lassi in weeks to come.