Best Hotel For A Single Guy In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
On my previous trips I used to stay at Judys..(forget the name)..but I hear it's not there anymore or turned into condos.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Allegedly?

On my previous trips I used to stay at Judys..(forget the name)..but I hear it's not there anymore or turned into condos.

After many years of Judy allegedly relieving investors of their fortunes, she is now back in her homeland, dying a slow painful death.
Yes, I believe in Karma.

Here's a few hotels to check out, in no particular order.
If you want links to nicer places that are not in the downtown area, just ask.

Dominican Republic Hotel Club Residencial Sosua
http://www.hotelcasacayena.com/
CasaValeria Main Page
New Garden Hotel - Sosua

N

naturelover

ooops sorry did i say that i was just thinking outloud

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
i suggest reading some culture while you are here
To be fair.
A person asking the question, such as the one put forth by the OP, does not necessarily mean that he is going to go out and get himself some low life skank crack whore every night.
He may very well have a girlfriend, who he has been dating for 5 years.
Just something to consider.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
To be fair.
A person asking the question, such as the one put forth by the OP, does not necessarily mean that he is going to go out and get himself some low life skank crack whore every night.
He may very well have a girlfriend, who he has been dating for 5 years.
Just something to consider.

This is true. When I was in Cuba the hotel would not let my sister in law in the lobby door.
Yes she was invited. :surprised

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
Trust me ..this is not my first time in Sosua...been in Rockys almost every am..always stayed at Judys place...have friends in Sosua..thanks

dvdit

Nov 20, 2007
After many years of Judy allegedly relieving investors of their fortunes, she is now back in her homeland, dying a slow painful death.
Yes, I believe in Karma.

Here's a few hotels to check out, in no particular order.
If you want links to nicer places that are not in the downtown area, just ask.

Dominican Republic Hotel Club Residencial Sosua
http://www.hotelcasacayena.com/
CasaValeria Main Page
New Garden Hotel - Sosua

Rocky,

Of those hotels you listed which one is the cleanest with a working AC and located with few minutes of walking distance from all the action? A friend and I are going to be there first week of Jan. Form pictures I have seen Club Residencial looks to be the cleanest and the most upscale than the others. Would like to stay in a hotel that is not loud and where a lot of European tourist chicks are staying. Any suggestion? Thanks.

R0CKY

Nov 16, 2007
Rocky,

Of those hotels you listed which one is the cleanest with a working AC and located with few minutes of walking distance from all the action? A friend and I are going to be there first week of Jan. Form pictures I have seen Club Residencial looks to be the cleanest and the most upscale than the others. Would like to stay in a hotel that is not loud and where a lot of European tourist chicks are staying. Any suggestion? Thanks.
Club Residencial is a good choice, but couldn't tell you if there are European tourist chicks hanging out there.
PS: They would all be clean, IMHO and all very nice places.
If you want more upscale, they might not be guest friendly type hotels.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
How do ask if a place is "guest friendly" without offending people?

or ask "are they visitor" friendly. the reason i say that is my male friends could not visit me in my room at the AI's in sosua or boca chica. they were staying in another hotel. they had to use the phone in the lobby and call me. same went for my female friends. with that i assume the "other friends" could not visit either.
i really didn't understand the policy of "same sex" visitors.
just maybe they thought :ermm:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
or ask "are they visitor" friendly. the reason i say that is my male friends could not visit me in my room at the AI's in sosua or boca chica. they were staying in another hotel. they had to use the phone in the lobby and call me. same went for my female friends. with that i assume the "other friends" could not visit either.
i really didn't understand the policy of "same sex" visitors.
just maybe they thought :ermm:
Not that there's anything wrong with the term, "visitor friendly", but nobody uses it.
In all the years of receiving inquiries, I have never been asked in those words.
"Guest friendly" is by far the most used and understood by all.
Some guys say "chica friendly", as I mentioned before, but "guest friendly" would be the best choice of words.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
oh i agree for sure as it applies to this thread. although it is a term widely used, "guest friendly" can have some ugly overtones to it in certain situations but it is the proper term.

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Its unfortunate that some automatically think that when one says "guest friendly" they are referring to prostitutes. Not everyone who goes to the DR has to resort to picking up prostitutes. Not saying that many dont do this, just saying that people shouldnt be so quick to judge.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
generally if you arrive during the middle of the day youll see available "guests" nearby if the hotel is "chica friendly". If its not fairly obvious you should definitely ask. Typically if you see mainly single guys staying at the hotel its also a good indicator as is seeing mainly families is a good indicator it isnt "chica friendly".

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
generally if you arrive during the middle of the day youll see available "guests" nearby if the hotel is "chica friendly".".
Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more, at least, here in Sosua.
Of the guest friendly hotels that I know in Sosua, only one permits chicas to hang out there.
There are inherent problems with having putas hanging out.
Security, client harassment, etc.
Just because a hotel is guest friendly, does not mean that it promotes/offers prostitution.
There's a big difference between a hotel that recognizes that singles sometimes may want some companionship of the opposite sex, and a hotel that is in the puta business.

stevegigs

Oct 24, 2007
Rocky's Resort

Rocky, are your condo's all part of the same resort? The web site looks like they are at a different location. Thanx in advance for the info? Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.