Sudafed

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Does anybody know if the old Sudafed is available here in the DR? I haven't been able to find it in any of the farmacies here in Santiago and it is the only stuff that clears the sinuses. I only need one box.

Thanks

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Have you asked .........

.........for PSEUDOEPHEDRINE?

....sometimes they don't know the brand name.........even if it is well known..........I know I was able to find it at one time in Santiago near the rotunda........

If all else fails, I know they sell Clarinase which is the sudafed with clariten combo.........

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
.........for PSEUDOEPHEDRINE?

....sometimes they don't know the brand name.........even if it is well known..........I know I was able to find it at one time in Santiago near the rotunda........

If all else fails, I know they sell Clarinase which is the sudafed with clariten combo.........

Thanks - BTW, which rotunda would that be? There at least three that I'm aware of.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Sorry..........

..............the first one coming from Puerto Plata...........continue (straight).........I call it to the right, through the light and it's the pharmacy right there on your right............(on 27 de Feb)

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
My daughter is the same way about Sudafed. However, we have found that Asafen Forte works equally well. That is available everywhere.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
chipooooo, I am coming saturday...you need something??

bob

No, I appreciate it. We are having my daughter's b'day party on Sat and I'm leaving for three weeks on Sun. The medicine is actually for one of my friend's wife and I gave them some but thought it would be a good idea to find a supply source here in the future. An American here in Santiago told me about a pharmacy that has all of the good American stuff so I will be checking it out and bad boy's suggestion too.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
According to a local pharmicist here in Santiago, Sudafed isn't to be found here because it is a controlled substance in the States. However, the active medecine can be found in a crioolo substitute, readily found here in the DR. It is called Winasorb flu, and has the same 30 ml of pseudoepehedrine HCL(Clorohidrato de epehedrifina?) as the original Sudafed.

Also, Adrianb, the Pharmacy I referenced earlier is "Dary's" on the E. side of the E. Sadhala one block S. of the intersection with La JP Duarte.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
According to a local pharmicist here in Santiago, Sudafed isn't to be found here because it is a controlled substance in the States. However, the active medecine can be found in a crioolo substitute, readily found here in the DR. It is called Winasorb flu, and has the same 30 ml of pseudoepehedrine HCL(Clorohidrato de epehedrifina?) as the original Sudafed.

Also, Adrianb, the Pharmacy I referenced earlier is "Dary's" on the E. side of the E. Sadhala one block S. of the intersection with La JP Duarte.

PSEUDOEPHEDRINE is Sudafed and is found in MANY of the "multi-symptom" medications that most pharmacies sell in those plastic cases that sit on the counter in the pharmacy........(not just Winasorb flu). SO, it is possible for anyone to get the sudafed with a combination of various other meds depending on what you need based on which "multi-symptom" pill you purchase.....They have combo's that include the ingrediants of Tylenol, Advil, antihistamines and decongestants........all different depending on the pill....

.............Also, sudafed is NOT a controlled substance in the US and is sold over the counter in every store imaginable.........including Walmart, gas stations, convenience stores etc...........

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE is Sudafed and is found in MANY of the "multi-symptom" medications that most pharmacies sell in those plastic cases that sit on the counter in the pharmacy........(not just Winasorb flu). SO, it is possible for anyone to get the sudafed with a combination of various other meds depending on what you need based on which "multi-symptom" pill you purchase.....They have combo's that include the ingrediants of Tylenol, Advil, antihistamines and decongestants........all different depending on the pill....

.............Also, sudafed is NOT a controlled substance in the US and is sold over the counter in every store imaginable.........including Walmart, gas stations, convenience stores etc...........

It is actually pseudoepehedrine hcl. Also, it is a controlled substance in the US, or at least in the South, where identification is required to purchase it and they record your name and will only sell a certain amount. Therefore, pharmacists here in the DR can't apparently acquire it - this per the pharmacist I talked to. If you don't believe them give them a call. They also have a pharmacy in NY too. Nonetheless, the most important thing is that it is available here, albeit mixed with other medication.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Here in Northwestern Ontario, Canada it is regulated here as well. We do not have to produce ID, but we are only allowed one package per purchase.

It is not a big deal, I would rather see it being regulated than seeing children's lives being ravaged by the effects of meth. According to a friend of mine who is an undercover narcotics agent, everything that is used in a meth lab can be purchased at Wal-Mart for roughly $69.00.

In our area, with a large amount of reservations around us, we are used to products which could be used for sniffing and drinking being taken off the shelves and having to ask for them.

Surely, none of us are too busy in our lives to stop and ask a pharmascist for something when it's results could save many a soul.

Marlie