dancing lessons in boca chica?

enderus

Nov 14, 2007
hello guys,

nice forum you got here ...especially for ppl like me planning a nice vacation to DR

my question is simple ...I'm interested to occupy my time in DR relaxing at the resort and ...dancing?:bunny:
I recently fall in love with merengue and bachata dances ...but never learn them properly ..(I mean I just tried alone the basic steps on local disco)

I was wondering if I have any chance to get a personal dance instructor or some dance classes for the duration of my 2 weeks vacation in January.

Any advice on what to expect will be really nice.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
you can get all the free lessons you want in BC. dominicans love to dance and show off their dancing skills. you can get lessons at the beach, a bar, a disco, wherever. if you're staying at a resort, they will be more than glad to teach you.
one more tip, go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and there are plenty of bachata dancing videos on their website.
*whispers* that's how i practice between trips :laugh:

enderus

Nov 14, 2007
you tube is a nice resource ..but not fun ...:tired:

I?m sure that Dominicans love to dance but I will need a person with patience and skill and who will be able to teach me(in English) some moves and to practice them with me (preferable a women teacher ..:eek:), I don't think I will be able to dance in a bar or a disco with a Dominican women without breaking her legs ..:)

i wonder if the Hamaca have dance lessons ?!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
you tube is a nice resource ..but not fun ...:tired:

I?m sure that Dominicans love to dance but I will need a person with patience and skill and who will be able to teach me(in English) some moves and to practice them with me (preferable a women teacher ..:eek:), I don't think I will be able to dance in a bar or a disco with a Dominican women without breaking her legs ..:)

i wonder if the Hamaca have dance lessons ?!
You missed the essence of Kyle's post.
Even if you asked for an official teacher, anyone who wanted to, could do it and would.
It's in their blood, their culture, their genes, and quite frankly, if you're that difficult to teach and so cumbersome, one might think that you should devote your energy to something else, as you'll never be a good dancer if you're that naturally awkward.

enderus

Nov 14, 2007
roky , everything in life is practice ...I'm not trying to become the best
merengue dancer in 14 days and I’m not expecting to master all those complicate hand moves and turns….just to get my basics going …practice and have fun learning

I asked if anyone knows a dancing school or instructor because I think I will be more comfortable asking for some instructions instead of hanging out in a bar or disco and looking at dancers….hoping that I found a girl who can speak english and wich will be willing to teach me…

maybe I don’t understand this dominican spirit very well .. did I mentioned that will be my first time in DR(coming from easter europe)…that’s why I was really glad to find this forum …it will be really nice to know what to expect.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
roky , everything in life is practice ...I'm not trying to become the best
merengue dancer in 14 days and I?m not expecting to master all those complicate hand moves and turns?.just to get my basics going ?practice and have fun learning

I asked if anyone knows a dancing school or instructor because I think I will be more comfortable asking for some instructions instead of hanging out in a bar or disco and looking at dancers?.hoping that I found a girl who can speak english and wich will be willing to teach me?

maybe I don?t understand this dominican spirit very well .. did I mentioned that will be my first time in DR(coming from easter europe)?that?s why I was really glad to find this forum ?it will be really nice to know what to expect.
I understand.
May I suggest that you ask at reception of your hotel (as they will understand English) for them to find you a female employee who understands a bit of English and would be available to give you private lessons in an area where the rest of the world isn't watching, and that you are just as willing to do it right there or to another location of your "new teacher's" choice.
You could explain how many hours per day/week that you require, and how much you are willing to pay.
I do believe that should do the trick.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
please do me one favor. open your mind on this trip. this could be a wonderful trip if you do not let any stereotypes/negativity enter your mind about dominican people. i understand your concern about your dancing lessons but believe me you're going to be amazed how open the dominican people are about having fun and teaching foreigners.

have a good trip...