REAL heap

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
All respect for the member that helped after Neal - I was thinking ( following the lady from York, UK post ), if every member of DR1 would spare 10 bucks ( 10 quid even better ) to help a specific area ( I propose Sosua ) than we'll alcomplish something. The way I look at it - we'll have a trustee ( I propose Marco ), he'll set up a paypal ac, we'll do our bit, he'll use his best judgement how to spread the joy and we'll get the pics ( for free ) :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
All respect for the member that helped after Neal - I was thinking ( following the lady from York, UK post ), if every member of DR1 would spare 10 bucks ( 10 quid even better ) to help a specific area ( I propose Sosua ) than we'll alcomplish something. The way I look at it - we'll have a trustee ( I propose Marco ), he'll set up a paypal ac, we'll do our bit, he'll use his best judgement how to spread the joy and we'll get the pics ( for free ) :)
I presume you mean the tropical Storm Noel.
The concept isn't bad, as it would apparently raise a lot of money, but those DR1 members who are in the position to help/donate, already have, for the most part.
As well, we were unaffected by the storm, here on the North coast, so if someone was organizing such a fund drive for a future disaster, it would have to be someone close to the action, for practicality reasons.
I do want to thank you for making this post, as you clearly feel a need to help those poor souls who were wiped out by the storm, and anyone who does or wants to help, is OK in my book.

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
Marco,
My post was inspired by pics you posted...I admire you...I hope that the others would subscribe....
PS Marco, how do I say I spanish "over easy"

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
I'm liking the idea but I think as Rocky said most of us that can donate have already.....certainly worth thinking about though. But yes, I think it would have to be more the SD area as it seems that was the worst it and all the areas surrounding. The problem I'd have it it were me would be picking an area as there are so many that have been affected and helping just one would be so sad...but there's only so much you can do unfortunately.

Sep 19, 2005
the southwest was hit the hardest..... and I think there are only a few members from that area.

with out the hands on....it might be a futile effort to send money someplace in the DR with the hopes it gets to the people who need it the most.

the US is already sending millions in monetary help alone.

yes the bad ole US of A!!!

that is the same area that they wanted to flush the invading "forces" out of only a year ago!!! when they went in to build medical facilities......

if I remember correctly!!:ninja:

bad bob