Internet in Punta Cana.....HELP !!!

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
I have a new wifi laptop that I brought with me from Canada and need to get internet service on it...What are my choices here in PC and how do I go about it ? I know about Centennial but I do not want to sign a contract for 18 months ! Max 1 year !!!

Thanks !

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Wud is right, forget about the expensive cards which put you in chain with 18+ months contracts and provide very slow service, i used them in the past, too, but travelling today throu PC you find free wifi at many locations.
Mike

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
I know there are some hot spots....but I live behind Bavaro Sun Beach and canno pick up any signals....plus I work as a Rep and there is no wifi at the hotel that I work at....suck to be me like we say in Montreal....I think I might have to become a slave to Centennial....I also heard about Bectel....any info about that...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Paradise.
2 things.
1st: if you work as a rep and your hotel where you are does surprisingly not have wifi, they for sure will have a internet cafe/any possibility to connect in their area, do some nice vsmalltalk to the girlies over ther(i hope you're male, lol) and you will get connected.
2nd:
BECTEL, that's the line i work on from home like right now at midnight, that's the same company we are connected to with free wireless at the Corner Bra at the plaza and several more spots in the area, call Charly(if you still don't know him let me know by PM and i send you phone numbers by PM), they offer several different speed connections for different monthly rates, i use their services since 4 months now and i am very satisfied with th eservices, not just for chatting on some travel bords, i run 3 websites and my businesses "contabilidad" online and it just works fine.
have fun
Mike

Miss November

Oct 5, 2007
from-paradise.blogspot.com
that is so weird...i got a job offer in punta cana as well as a rep, and im from montreal as welll, and i am having the same problem WEIRD! anywhos your solution, the room they provided you with, has a phone inside right..? take out the phone line and plug itinto your laptop its bavaro's best kept secret...if you dont have a phone or it doesnt seem to work for you...
you have no choice but to go to an internet cafe and connect your laptop trough them but, its rare that you dont have any hotspot signals...