cigars

Northern traveler

Nov 15, 2007
Where can i find the widest selection ,best prices,freshest cigars. Is there anywhere to have them made ? Any places to tour? Best brands?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It depends on where you are going. If, as your post suggests, you are out in Bavaro/Punta Cana, then you are slightly limited. If you can find a "FUMO" cigar store, I can recommend them as fair priced and good stock.

There used to be a sort of Cigar Museum between Bavaro and Hig?ey, but I don't know if it still there. If it is, you will find good cigars there.

Maybe others, more versed in the area can help you.

A day trip to La Romana's Columbus PLAZA, which I have mis-named as Caribe Plaza before, is worthwhile. They have all Dominican made brands..and fairly priced.

Good luck,

HB

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
It depends on where you are going. If, as your post suggests, you are out in Bavaro/Punta Cana, then you are slightly limited. If you can find a "FUMO" cigar store, I can recommend them as fair priced and good stock.

There used to be a sort of Cigar Museum between Bavaro and Hig?ey, but I don't know if it still there. If it is, you will find good cigars there.

Maybe others, more versed in the area can help you.

A day trip to La Romana's Columbus PLAZA, which I have mis-named as Caribe Plaza before, is worthwhile. They have all Dominican made brands..and fairly priced.

Good luck,

HB

That cigar museum you mention is still there, we were in bavaro last week and we drove past it:classic:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Domenico, Vivaldi(that's the museum&factory), Don Lucas and El Torpedo are all local brands, very good, reasonable priced and all provide free roundtrip pick up from the resorts.
have fun
Mike