Haiti

jamesdalphonse

Sep 8, 2006
Travel Haiti

I know this isn't a Haiti board, but let's face it, both countries share the same island. It's time to get Haiti recognized again as a tourist destination. Visit the link above, visit both countries when you go to the Dominican Republic. Split your vacation, include Haiti. ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
On our side of the island we pay when we place advertising. It is not usually free.

Here is your first post ... what has changed?

Dear Girlie Girl, there are only four countries in the entire world that Haiti requires a visa for, and these are: China, Dominican Republic, Columbia, and Panama. Don't bother calling any of the Haitian Consulates, as they are rude and frankly useless. The Embassy of Haiti in Washington, DC is of equal use as the consulates offices. For example, when I make a phone call to ask a question about a visa or immunization for Yellow Fever, etc, etc, and they put me on hold for ten minutes and then tell me " I don't know." This tells me that they don't even know what their rules are. JAMES DALPHONSE, HAMILTON, NY bullhead3031@yahoo.com:glasses:

jamesdalphonse

Sep 8, 2006
just think of how much help that you may be doing the country, if just 50 people in Puerta Plata, went over and visited Cap-Haitien every week!!!!!

jamesdalphonse

Sep 8, 2006
nothing has really changed, but really pretty sad don't you think when the consulate offices don't have any idea what the rules of travel are for their own country.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
just think of how much help that you may be doing the country, if just 50 people in Puerta Plata, went over and visited Cap-Haitien every week!!!!!
Or..........
Just think of how many people you're endangering by sending them over there.
How about we just send donations, instead of sending tourists to the slaughter house, or better yet, as you're passionate about the place, how about you making donations to Haiti, then there'll be no need to send our tourists over there to die.

jamesdalphonse

Sep 8, 2006
I have been traveling in and out of there since 1989 and have never had a problem, they just need to get their tourist market back in order, like it once was. There are some really nice hotels in Haiti. Tourism will return.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have been traveling in and out of there since 1989 and have never had a problem, they just need to get their tourist market back in order, like it once was. There are some really nice hotels in Haiti. Tourism will return.
Putting aside that it's the poorest and most dangerous country in the Western Hemisphere, you would recommend visiting Haiti?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com

Again, what has changed for you since 9/17/2006?

what is travel to Haiti like these days. We are planning a trip down there shortly. Is customs easy. I have to take my blood pressure medication with me, will that be an issue that the custom officials. :chinese: :chinese:

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Some of us are vacationing in the Cap-Haitien region for more than 10 years ;)