CR worried about prostitutes

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
from the Daily DR1 news:

Costa Rican officials will be heading to the DR in order to reach an accord aimed at reducing the number of Dominican prostitutes working in their country. Diario Libre writes that Dominican prostitutes have overtaken Colombian prostitutes as the majority in this illicit business sector. Diario Libre reports that last weekend, during raids carried out in the Costa Rican towns of Jaco and Quepo, 24 Dominican women were arrested for prostitution, including a former police officer and a former teacher. The teacher said that she had entered prostitution because of her low pay. Costa Rican Migration Chief Francisco Castaing explained that 98% of the prostitutes who have been arrested during raids are Dominican. Castaing is planning on visiting the DR on 27 November in order to discuss the issue with the Dominican authorities.
Dominicans do not need a visa to travel to Costa Rica.

i've seen this problem first hand and this is out of control not only with dominicans. but what can you expect from a country that has legalized prostitution ?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
i've seen this problem first hand and this is out of control not only with dominicans. but what can you expect from a country that has legalized prostitution ?

You mean like the Dominican Republic? ;) I don't think their problem is prostitution, I think they're upset with foreigners coming and taking jobs away from the locals...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A Dominican needs a Visa to travel to Costa Rica.

/ 21NOV07 / 1259 UTC

National DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (DO)
Destination COSTA RICA (CR)

COSTA RICA (CR)

Passport (must be valid beyond 6 months) required.

Visa required.

However, if holding a visa (valid for at least 30 days) for
the U.S.A. or an E.U. member state (see: TIRGL/EEU ):
passport required (must be valid at least 30 days after date
of entry) and visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days.
Extension of stay can be arranged on arrival.

Minors: up to/incl. 17 years old must hold their own passport,
unless included in passport (which must contain photo of the
minor) of parent(s) accompanying minor.

Visitor must hold:
- return or onward ticket; and

- all documents required for next destination; and

- sufficient funds.
For exemptions see For details, click here - item 2.
Entry refused to gypsies and to those with "hippy" appearance.

Non-compliance with entry regulations will result in fines up

to USD 1,000.-, (or equivalent in CRC) per passenger imposed
on transporting carrier.

CHECK TINEWS/N10 - WHEN DEPARTING THE U.S.A.

Timaticweb Version 1.3
21 November 2007

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yes i agree. sort of like mexicans in the US, haitians in the DR, etc.
i can tell you though the dominicanas and haitianas are undercutting the market in CR which may be the reason all the raids in Jaco and Quepo. no such raids are happening in San Jose.

i wonder what they will talk about at their conference ? keep your girls in the DR, we have too many prostitutes from other countries :ermm:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It's interesting...I have a friend who has been to The DR and then he went to Jaco Beach last year and told me that the prostitutes there were much better looking than the ones in The DR. I thought they were probably Colombians, but now that I read this it appears that the good looking Dominican prostitutes are going to CR and the ugly ones are staying in Puerto Plata and Boca Chica...

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
at 100 dollars for an hour, CR seems pretty lucrative for dominicanas as well as other women working the "trade". i've met quite a few ladies from santiago in my visits to CR. it's really a shame to see them especially when they tell me they had decent jobs and turned to the life to make more money for family.
on the this same subject are the ghost organizations that sponsor these women into prostitution in CR. the girls work for people who brought them to CR in return for a stipend to be deposited into an account every month. if they don't, something bad may happen to their families back home or even to them.
believe me your friend is spot on.....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I NEVER Met A Prostitute Who Didn't Give Me That SAME OL' STORY!!!

"I am only doing this to support my family!"
Guess what??? There are millions of women in the DR supporting their families,WITHOUT", selling their A$$E$ to do so!!
Now never get me wrong!!! I am VERY HAPPY that there are still about a million women in the DR who DO sell their A$$ES to make a "PESO"!
I am one of their best "Customers"!!!
I hope they deport all Dominican prostitutes from every country where they are plying their trade! That will mean about 1,000,000 more selling "IT" at a discount here in Santo Domingo!! "Supply & Demand"!!!!!!
The More "HONEY",The Less Money!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

How can you tell when a prostitute is lying?????????????????????
Their "LIPS" :cheeky::cheeky:are moving!!!!!