Reputable furniture manufacturer?

Jul 23, 2007
www.therealdominican.com
I know, I know, it is the $64,000 question when it comes to the DR. But I am looking for a reputable and trustworthy Dominican furniture manufacturer to work with a Canadian company. Probably need a rattan furniture manufacturer AND other quality, regular furniture to furnish villas, condos etc. on consignment. Many details to follow; right now looking for that special company that "gets it" and breaks the mold of the general consensus that says one can never find such a beast in the DR. We continue to live in hope.

Suggestions? Can PM me if you like.

N

naturelover

whereabouts are you.
oops i nearly did a one line answer....how naughty of me

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Artesania Rattan, C. por A. in Santiago is a reputable manufacturer of rattan furnture. We purchased all our furniture from them. They guarantee what they make and honor the guarantee. We had bugs in something after a couple of years and they picked it up, took it to the factory, and ran it through the gas chamber again.

Tel 809-971-6440, fax 809-582-7097, email artesana.rattan@codetel. net.do

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Ken! And I can suggest, also, that you look at Mimbre y Rattan in Navarrete. On your left just past the Linda factory. Ask for Tito Bueno. Either he or his wife can do whatever you want in rattan....their cataloger is is impressive. We have furniture from both places so I can vouch for both, no qualms about it.

HB

If you want more info, PM me, please.

Jul 23, 2007
www.therealdominican.com
any non-rattan manufacturers?

I appreciate all the responses about rattan furniture manufacturers but also looking for more traditional furniture makers. Still waiting to have my $64,000 question answered. Any leads? Does not matter what part of the country.

Jul 23, 2007
www.therealdominican.com
Any quality, trustworthy non-rattan manufacturers?

I appreciate all the responses about rattan furniture manufacturers but also looking for more traditional furniture makers. Still waiting to have my $64,000 question answered. Any leads? Does not matter what part of the country.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Deep pockets? Okay, there are custom furniture manufactures in Santiago and there are one or two in sosua..Do not know why the folks up there haven't answered you.

I''ll get some information on the ones around here...Be prepared is the Boy Scouts marching song....be prepared...

HB

Jan 5, 2006
For traditional furniture, you can try Monegro. They have a showroom on the Duarte highway, in the Burende section of La Vega. It's on the north side of the highway (heading towards Santiago).

Their manufacturing plant is a short distance from the showroom and is a very modern facility by DR standards. The quality of their furniture (fitment, function, finish) is comparable to imported pieces.

joshjames

Dec 13, 2007
I have a condo at Cap Cana that I was to furnish with modern light furniture anyone got any ideas whom I can contact.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks do you know if they have a web site.

Joshjames

Give Tito's business a call tomorrow(they are not working today) "Mimbre y Rattan Navaratte" 809-585-5447. They can send you photos via email. If you don't speak Spanish well just let me know and I'll get the email address for you.

chalespinosa

Apr 8, 2008
Information

Would appreciate your help, am trying to contact Margarita Reid Cabrales, who had a manufacturing facility that made furniture rattan and wicker and sold to hotels in the DR and the caribbean. Also, if you know the name of her company would appreciate, getting their contact information. My e -mail is chalespinosa@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help.

Saludos