Checking out the DR job market

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
Hello to all...

I am looking into the job market in Dominican Republic. I have a degree in Business Admin & Public Relations and I'm fully bilingual (Spanish & English both written and verbal communication). I would like to work for an American company (pay in US currency) in Santo Domingo. If any of you have leads or employment agency web addresses, please forward them to me. All help is greatly appreciated!

Regards

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
It is a tough marketplace. There are 1000+ individuals whith the same qualification as you, and will work for pesos, and probably 90% will accept a salary of <$16,000 pesos/mo or <$500 USD/mo . Good luck.

L

LarrySpencer

Your best bet, by far is to start looking in the states for a company - more than likely a call center - that is looking for someone in management who can help out in one of their Dominican companies.

It doesn't look like the Embassy is hiring at the moment, although you can continue trying.

That's your best bet. Otherwise, if you come here, just like SamanaJon says, you'll be working for pesos. If you're still interested in working here, send me a message and I will see what I can do here in Santo Dominigo in the call center industry.

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
Thank you for the feedback. When you refer to pesos.. how much pay in pesos is the average Bilingual Executive Asst/Admin Asst making a month these days??
My guess.. it all depends on the company and the position.
Any names of headhunters besides G.A. Tavares?? Thanks

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I would also suggest you look at hotel chains who have head offices in SD. Or are you willing to look elsewhere in the country?