From SD to Boca Chica via bus/colectivo?

concarne

Nov 24, 2007
Hello all!

I am wondering what the options to get to Boca Chica from Santo Domingo are? I would like to bypass the taxi mafia. I am fluent in spanish and can pass as a local.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
It costs only 50 RD Pesos

The bus ride will take you directly to BC for only 50 RD Pesos. Some weeks ago it was only 40. To come back you will have to pay the same amount and the express bus will take you down to Parque de la Independencia but you will have to change in Andres.

concarne

Nov 24, 2007
To clarify:

Is there an express bus leaving the airport in SD to Boca Chica? Or do I have to get to a bus terminal in SD in order to get to BC?

Thanks a lot to all!:)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
To clarify:

Is there an express bus leaving the airport in SD to Boca Chica? Or do I have to get to a bus terminal in SD in order to get to BC?

Thanks a lot to all!:)

To get to Boca Chica from the airport (SDQ) you need to take a taxi. The rate is $20 USD.

concarne

Nov 24, 2007
I am sorry....

What I mean is: I do not need to leave from the airport per se, nor go directly from the airport to BC. I am willing to go to a bus station in Santo Domingo in order to get to BC. Can I take a bus from the airport to the bus station and then to BC? Or must I take a taxi to the bus station and then the bus?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You can get a taxi to the bridge over the motorway (2 mins) and then a bus to BC

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I am sorry....

What I mean is: I do not need to leave from the airport per se, nor go directly from the airport to BC. I am willing to go to a bus station in Santo Domingo in order to get to BC. Can I take a bus from the airport to the bus station and then to BC? Or must I take a taxi to the bus station and then the bus?

Santo Domingo (Ciudad Centro) is west of the airport and Boca Chica is east of the airport. Not trying to be sarcastic but you need to look at a map of the DR.

If you go to the bus station in Santo Domingo you will just make a U-turn and go back the same way you came to get to Boca Chica. The only reason I can see you going to Santo Domingo first is if you have business to take care of before going to Boca Chica.

A

apostropheman

Hi,

will you have more than 1, or 2 small, carry on bags?

if not then you could walk to the far right of the airport exit, down the road and hop on a moto concho. have him take you to the highway where you can flag down a guagua to boca chica. or perhaps better yet you could just take the motoconcho all the way to boca chica.

i've taken a moto about halfway to BC for 100 pesos so 200 to BC should do it.

if you have more luggage then i'd strongly suggest you just "bite the bullet" and take a taxi.
i also try and avoid them but sometimes it just ain't worth the hassle. i'm not sure what the exact rate to BC is but the posted rate, in the rate book, to Andres, a barrio about halfway to BC was $23 in October so i would think $25 or even $30 is likely considering the increases in fuel.
Hello all!

I am wondering what the options to get to Boca Chica from Santo Domingo are? I would like to bypass the taxi mafia. I am fluent in spanish and can pass as a local.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!
while there are no buses at the airport, sometimes what looks to be a small bus or guagua drops people off at the airport, but i have never seen anyone get on one there.

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
Bigbird

there is a van carrying about 10 passengers from the airport to Santo Domingo. It drops you near Av. Duarte and will cost you about 50 RD Pesos. It waits for passengers outside the departure hall and when it is full it will leave. You have to walk out from the departure hall in the first floor of the airport building right to the open air and then turn left. You will see the van waiting.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Bigbird

there is a van carrying about 10 passengers from the airport to Santo Domingo. It drops you near Av. Duarte and will cost you about 50 RD Pesos. It waits for passengers outside the departure hall and when it is full it will leave. You have to walk out from the departure hall in the first floor of the airport building right to the open air and then turn left. You will see the van waiting.

That's a new one on me. I will check it out in two days. Guess you live and learn.

Is a sign posted on the van?

Do they also have one headed to Boca Chica, JD, etc?

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
It has no sign

This information is an insider tip. Not too many people know about it. The van does not have any visible sign indicating that it goes to Santo Domingo. I have never seen any other passenger van there unless one sent by a hotel. You can ask the luggage porters waiting for clients outside or even the driver. I think this service only operates in the daylight. I do not know exactly their schedule. If you have only one piece of luggage it should be O.K. I have used this service several times. Good luck !

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This information is an insider tip. Not too many people know about it.

I kind of thought so. ;) It sure is good news for those who travel light. That has got to be one of the best bargains in the DR.

Thanks for sharing the info!