Visitor Visa requirements for Canada

edmslove

Nov 15, 2007
Any idea how much money the person applying for the visa would need to have in the bank. How much money would they consider sufficient?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Any idea how much money the person applying for the visa would need to have in the bank. How much money would they consider sufficient?

I believe it is 150,000 pesos minimum in a bank account. They need to be established, like a car and a home under their name, a job to come back to and kids.

I have a friend who tried to get a visitors' visa for his wife-these people are property owners and are quite wealthy by american standards, own multiple cars and homes and have their children in private school. Visitor visa for her denied. And she fulfilled all the requirements and then some.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

That is not the problem, more important is to show then the registration of properties:
very expensive cars, house,diploma,own business , or employer letter with a good salary and reason that you will come back.

edmslove

Nov 15, 2007
They have property and a car (not an expensive car, but a car). They have more then that in the bank. They have a good salary and a good job and they have kids and family to come back to. A heck of alot of family. What do you think their chances will be?

holita

Jun 6, 2006
They have property and a car (not an expensive car, but a car). They have more then that in the bank. They have a good salary and a good job and they have kids and family to come back to. A heck of alot of family. What do you think their chances will be?

Still need more specifics....for example...what sort of job? What is the salary? You can say they are a doctor, but doctors can make 12,000 pesos a month...with that they are not getting a visa...understand?

So what are the specifics are the salary? Money in the bank? Type of property? How long have they had the bank account? etc? ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

A little more info please,
is this for a visitor visa and what country is the visa for?

edmslove

Nov 15, 2007
Well, we applied for the visitor's visa last Thursday and will get the response from the embassy in Santo Domingo next wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed and want to be optimistic. Let's see what the results will be.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
we just tried, he has had a great job for 5 years, makes good money, owns house, car and quad. also owns some land as well as a part owner of his families colmado. Also has a daughter in DR. He was Denied....it is truly hit and miss!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

Having property under the applicant's name is paramount...

A car would help but not rightly so, it all depends on the person applying.

A house is mandatory, be it under multiple ownership (marriage) or siblings.

Money in the bank as well as supporting evidence of how they make more of it is also paramount.

Having a DR's passport without a single stamped entry or exit to other countries is also a no-no, since it provides doubts about the initial intent to return to the DR after the visit is over.

Most people who pile some travel stamps to countries that allow Dominicans to travel without visa requirements, are more likely to get a US Visa than those that don't. That's a fact...

It provides some assurance that even thus they're able to enter multiple countries, they always return as required by the non-Visa guidelines...

A reason to travel, or better put, a valid reason to compel the consular official to agree that it warrants issuing a Visa under those conditions.
Some people apply for a Visa just for the heck of it!

An up and coming marriage initiation is a common vehicle for well to do families/persons to travel overseas to attend the formalities of society.

A trip to take the kids to an amusement park like Disney or Universal is also a valid reason, always that an itinerary is planned via a reputable travel agency.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well, we applied for the visitor's visa last Thursday and will get the response from the embassy in Santo Domingo next wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed and want to be optimistic. Let's see what the results will be.

You never did tell us ;) but since you're posting from Canada I assume the visa in question is for Canada?

Keep us posted.

Thanks