How much does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
Trying to figure out how much I need to make per month to live in DR, but it always boils down to "well it depends." Okay...let's get more specific...

What's the cost of an average middle class safe home in DR?
How much for a typical small car?
How much for a beer at a typical resturant?
How much for a case of beer?
Typical meal at a local resturant?
Gardener?
House keeper?
Home insurance?
Car insurance?
Health club cost for a month?
How much for a gallon of gas?
How much for a pair of shoes?

Anything else that you could add would be helpful.

Many thanks!!!

A

apostropheman

Hi Frog,

there are many threads about this on DR1, some are "stickies".

if you do a search you'll find more info than you might imagine.

i'd start my searching for "timex" as he has some excellent info here. there are many other threads as well.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Nice thread...so easy living at about $4000 USD per month?

"easy living" is relative. Many Dominicans live on a fraction of that, perhaps $5,000 RD a month. That?s the other side of the coin.

If its just you I?m sure you do just fine on half the $4,000 that someone led you to believe.

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
A nice living in DR, as per US standars will be around $4,000 USD a month.

Thanks Tallman...don't want to jump and then come up short...jumping out of the workplace is a big leap...I don't even want to think about having to jump back in to the workplace because of a mis-calculation.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
$ 4,000 USD is equal to $133,360 at a rate of $33.34 if you own a place and have your own car them you should be ok with paying for a house mate and a filling your gas tank up and having money to go and have dinner once a week.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
$ 4,000 USD is equal to $133,360 at a rate of $33.34 if you own a place and have your own car them you should be ok with paying for a house mate and a filling your gas tank up and having money to go and have dinner once a week.

Did I say Manhattan? I should have said Monty Carlo, I suppose if you drink Dom Perion and dine on Beluga Caviar you could burn through $4,000 a month!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Did I say Manhattan? I should have said Monty Carlo, I suppose if you drink Dom Perion and dine on Beluga Caviar you could burn through $4,000 a month!
Or you could have a girlfriend who costs you 100 bux/day, and eat rice & beans and live in a small apartment.

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
Or you could have a girlfriend who costs you 100 bux/day, and eat rice & beans and live in a small apartment.

A Dominican Girl at 100 bucks a day? Must be a model or some other high maintenance type? Trade in the model for a couple girls that #$%& like rabbits...just me thinking...:)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A Dominican Girl at 100 bucks a day? Must be a model or some other high maintenance type? Trade in the model for a couple girls that #$%& like rabbits...just me thinking...:)
Let's not go there.
I was just foolin', with a bit of truth behind it.
I have seen a few fellows through the years, who were like kids in a candy store, and they spent inordinate amounts of money on a daily basis.
Sorry for getting the thread off track.

Status
Not open for further replies.