My lil blog

Miss November

Oct 5, 2007
from-paradise.blogspot.com
Hey guys,
I dont know if this is the right spot, to blog out, if it isnt i hope miss Anna will move my post where its supposed to belong...
So lets start:

As some of you may know, i've been visiting the dominican republic for the 2nd time this year. And i got offered a job to work there at the hotel. They would have paid my housing, my food, and they would give me a salary with all the benefits and health inssurances of course. But i would have had to start right away and not come back, as i did last week. So obviously I didn't accept the job in Punta Cana. As i returned, e-mails were exachanged between the bosses and they offered me the job again..

a509034711_198124_548.jpg

I got a phone call yesterday from Sunquest Vacations, offering me a position as a Destination Representative at one of the resorts in MEXICO. I would have to choose from los cabos, cancun, puerto vallarta. The housing would be provided of course, and same concept as Punta cana. Except I have never been to Mexico and don't know a single soul over there. But it was the same thing for me at punta cana, and yet i still managed to make friends in less than a week. So that won't really matter. Im going to read all the paper work of Mexico This evening, as i have an apt with the employer.

a509034711_198134_3414.jpg

So basicly what's the point of all this note..? Well i'd like to say that I am definitly taking one of the jobs...wich means i will be leaving our beautifull country Canada(WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!) in less than 2 months...ahhh there we go...feels so much better now to let it out..Now, who has been to both Mexico & Dom Rep.? Wich is better, why, safer, and etc..let me know...

Mexico

a509034711_198145_8256.jpg

Dominican Republic
a509034711_198146_7010.jpg

?

From Paradise With Love....

Last edited:

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
I've been to both. Been to Mexico more than DR, but I've been to DR twice. In the tourist towns of Mexico it'll be a bit more expensive than in DR. You'll find lots of similarities but you've got to stay in your guard in Mexico...always someone looking to rip you off. I found the people in DR more sincere although you'll always find con artists no matter where you go. Given a choice, I'd take DR.

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
I hate to bash Mexico and Mexican's but I've had a lot of bad experiences down there. They speak english just fine until they rip you off and then they can't speak a lick of english. Even got deliberately short changed at the currency exchange booth...very cleaver, the exchange person wouldn't give me the posted exchange rate, after we argued she agreed to return my money, but gave me $20 less...I didn't notice until I was miles away...but that's typical of Mexico.