Luggage lockers at SDQ?

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
I belong a travel site and got this question. Since I don't know a good answer, I forward the question to you people.

"I will be landing to Santo Domingo Americas at 11p.m. Is there way to spend a night at the airport with my big luggage? (Is there any place that can hold my luggage for 8-10hrs?)or is there any hotel close by?
My friend is not picking me up until the next morning due to safety issue(driving at night). Please advice! Thanks!

I will be flying out of Miami, then Im suppose to stay at my friend's house in east side of Santo Doming for two weeks. Im not sure what the name of the city/town is. My friend said she is coming to pick me up on the next morning when it is safer to drive through the city."

Thanks in advance.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
There is Lot of hotel close to the Airport in Santo Domingo, just do use the search option here in Dr1 and you will find tons of info on them.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Boca Chica is less than 10 minutes away. I would take a cab there and book in a small hotel overnight. You will get a good night sleep and your luggage will be safe. Also if your friend is Dominican that 8 to 10 hours is more likely 12 hours. Like tallman said use the search function for affordable motels in Boca Chica. Have fun.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
Thank you all for your replies.

Dolores: I already do :) I've linked to dr1.com in some of the articles and have recommended it to those who want more info about DR. I have also linked to dominicancooking.com and I intend to keep doing it in the future.

Please give dr1.com a plug on your travel site, from time to time.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Take Dolores' advice. I'm surprised about your friend's comments. Santo Domingo has dangerous areas, but it's not like it's Irak either. If he/she has a car I really don't see the danger in picking up someone from the airport at any time of the night (i.e. I've flown with JetBlue which gets there at some crazy hours (3:00+ AM) and my brother always picks me up. Never had any trouble. With the decree that bars close early The whole DR is pretty much a ghost town at those hours nowadays.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
Amen to that suarezn. I've been out really late at night (but not driven a car) and I've never had a problem other than I've *really* had to go pee pee hehe.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Presidente" Has a Large Amout Of "VITAMIN PEE" !

So Remember,If you drink a lot of "Presidente",... Don't Drink And Pee,in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
This time of the year, if you are traveling American Airlines it is most likely that your big suitcase won't arrive for at least 8-10 hours after you. :cheeky:

Sorry, couldn't resist.