Casa Marina Reef

N

Nicolas Hogg

I'm off to the Dominican Republic in August and wanted to know if anybody had stayed in the Casa Marina Reef Hotel. I've read what they say about it in the brochure, but I'd like to hear what someone who has stayed in the hotel things about it, nightlife, food etc
Thanx

C

crazy_chick

Casa Marina ROCKS!! I stayed there in May and had a blast!! Be sure to check out the shows each night and make sure you get up early a couple of mornings to make reservations at the restaurants for dinner - it's worth it, the food at the restaurants is great! Be sure to walk down to Sosua Beach and check out the market. One thing I wish I had known was bring two large plastic cups for water and drinks - they run out of glasses at the bar often and this way you'll always have your own - plus they're BIGGER! If you want to venture off the resort for a great night of dancing, hit the TOUCAN night club in Sosua - not a far walk. But the calypso disco at Casa Marina is always fun too!!!

Have fun - I wish I was still there!!!

J

Jim Hinsch

See a review at <A HREF="http://www.dr1.com/hotels/database/NorSosCasaG3LNG63V.htm">http://www.dr1.com/hotels/database/NorSosCasaG3LNG63V.htm</A> or click on the link below.

J

John

jim is right ooooor maybe not. the food is like jim said to me, but my wife enjoyed it so the long sooo. it,s a great resort you will have lots of fun.the shows at night are very good for amatuer talent,don;t get me wrong a few could be in a a first class production. the bars do run out of glasses this is a combination of the bartender wanting to take a break or the resort cutting costs either way stay awhile and have chat with them very nice people no different then you except your on holidays and they still have to work. it is a beautiful resort large and well looked after,very clean,friendly staff,and a great place to be.sosua is agreat town go for a walk in the morning you will be amazed,just remember vehicles have the right of way and when you hit sosua beach say hi to bob barker but he will still try to wring the last pesoe out of you,go have fun, spend a few extra dollars these people need it, because remember you got a pretty cheap hoilday to stay at the casa marina i know been their three times going back very shortly,

W

Wim

For me it is also a very good hotel . It is not for away from the public beach . I recommand this beach , because their are alot of people their and not only tourists . I go in September for the 4 time to this hotel . The food is good . The shows in the evening are good to but enjoy also the nightlife in the streets of El Batey . Here are alot of bars and also a few discos . So , I recommand Casa Marina to all the people I know .
Have alot of fun their .
Greetings , Wim .

W

Wade

We stayed at Casa Marina Beach which is right next door and just had a fantastic time. The part about the glasses is correct, don't know why they can't fix that problem. Had to drink our wine out of plastic cups at dinner because all the wine glasses were long gone. Be sure stop at the bar right outside Casa Marina Beach and say hi to Dan the owner. You won't be sorry as he has best looking women working behind the bar. :)