DR1ers (multiple choice "edition")

What brought you here?

• Family, friends, or acquaintances (including lovers)

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Sense of adventure

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • In search of a simpler life

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Job or career related

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • The country (culture, weather, natural beauty, etc)

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Retirement

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Escaping problems in your country

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What brought you here? (You can choose more than one answer)

A) Family,friends, or acquaintances (including lovers)
B) Sense of adventure
C) In search of a simpler life
D) Job or career related
E) The country (culture,weather, natural beauty, etc)
F) Retirement
G) Escaping problems in your country
H) Other

See post #10 in the following thread for the reason behind the creation of this poll: http://www.dr1.com/forums/polls/69237-dr1ers.html#post585068

-NALs

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
Other......

The lovely little airport. Truly. I can be there an hour before a flight and not have to fight much more than a concho who wants to hog the road.

No snow, no 4 hour drive from home to the airport, no toll booths..... (Yes, I just got back from Chicago.)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Olvidalo......

Hey NALs, are you sure ANYBODY will check the "Escaping problems in your country" category?.

Wahahahahaha!!.....FORGETITABOUT!!!!.....(Not unless they want to get caught)......Remember that girl?......Well, you know, ;);).

L

LarrySpencer

A) Family,friends, or acquaintances (including lovers)
B) Sense of adventure
C) In search of a simpler life
D) Job or career related
E) The country (culture,weather, natural beauty, etc)
F) Retirement
G) Escaping problems in your country
H) Other[/B]

A, of course!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey NALs, are you sure ANYBODY will check the "Escaping problems in your country" category?.

Wahahahahaha!!.....FORGETITABOUT!!!!.....(Not unless they want to get caught)......Remember that girl?......Well, you know, ;);).
Having been one of those suggesting a 'multiple answer' poll, I would like to support NALs in his quest for better 'Polling' here.

I think "Escaping Problems in your Country of origin" (or the country you came from ahich could be more relevant) is meant in the WIDEST meaning of the word 'Problems'. i.e. things that cause concern & are difficult to resolve.

People might have had 'Emotional Problems' (Ex-wife living locally, problems with Ex-Girl-friend etc) which started the thought process of LEAVING the country.

They might have had 'Financial Problems' (not being able to make the monthly bills due to extreme high cost of living).

Then there are Racial Problems, Ethnic Problems, Cultural Problems, Health Problems, Employment (or lack of it) problems, Neighbourhood Problems, ...................... There are scores of problems unassociated with the LEGAL problems you are suggesting where people are trying to evade the law by leaving!

Not EVERYTHING problematical that one is trying to ESCAPE from has to be 'escaping from the law' or even evading their responsibilities in life!! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey ......... what has happened to the EDIT button??:surprised?? Tried (immediately after posting) to get in to correct spelling & the 'Old Edit Button' just ain't not there!!:pirate:

Paragraph 2, end of first line should read 'WHICH' not 'ahich'. Any other mistakes put down to not being checked because I would not have been able to edit anyway!!! ~ GWB.:cheeky: