Anyone hear about what happened in Boca Chica?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I was walking by the newsstand tonight and read the headline of one of the spanish newspapers.

The headline read that 160 kilos of cocaine were discovered in Boca Chica.

Anyone know the details to this? Was it a drug bust or were the drugs found by accident during a stop and search?

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
The DNCD knew what they were looking for and went to the right place. This is just the beginning..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In a similar vein:

Last week I asked my history classes what they thought were some of the major problems facing the world and the DR in the future.

When the issue of drugs came up, one of my students from Barahona told us that there are groups of people that stand on hillsides near the ocean and wait for planes to appear on the horizon. then they rush down to the ocean, hop in their little boats and go out to pick up the packages that fall from the sky. The folks know where to sell the packages...and it is easier than scratching a living from the soil...

That thread with the graphics told it all...this is a MAJOR trans-shipment point.

HB

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
In a similar vein:

Last week I asked my history classes what they thought were some of the major problems facing the world and the DR in the future.

When the issue of drugs came up, one of my students from Barahona told us that there are groups of people that stand on hillsides near the ocean and wait for planes to appear on the horizon. then they rush down to the ocean, hop in their little boats and go out to pick up the packages that fall from the sky. The folks know where to sell the packages...and it is easier than scratching a living from the soil...

That thread with the graphics told it all...this is a MAJOR trans-shipment point.

HB

The problem with being a "MAJOR trans-shipment point", is that some of the drugs sprinkle into the community and creates future drug addicts and that's not good.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Okay...ready for this one? I was here less than a month when one of those little planes was circling the hwy as one leaves SPM (by the Shell station). I thought "Humm, that plane looks to be in trouble." As a rounded the corner, guess what was LANDING on the hwy coming AT me!!??? Yup, a prop-plane was landing coming at me on that two land hwy!! I pullled as far to the right "shoulder" (aka drainage ditch) as I could and closed my eyes as the vibrating plane went past.) I'm not known to spontaneous praying but I did. At that point I thought, "humm, I wonder how often this happens?" I told a few people and they said "oh, he probably couldn't find the dirt landing strip he was told to drop the drugs at." Who am I to guess WHY these things happen here? All I know is it was both terrifying and memorable.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
When the issue of drugs came up, one of my students from Barahona told us that there are groups of people that stand on hillsides near the ocean and wait for planes to appear on the horizon. then they rush down to the ocean, hop in their little boats and go out to pick up the packages that fall from the sky. The folks know where to sell the packages...and it is easier than scratching a living from the soil...HB

That reminded me of 19th. century Cornwall, UK, when local folk tied lights to horses on mainland to make ships think they had found a harbour, so that the boats wrecked on the rocks and the locals then went & plundered the cargo................

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Great one HB...do you have any historical fiction books that mention this? We love reading that kind of stuff. TIA!