No ATM Cash in Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kantona

Jun 22, 2007
Anyone been able to withdraw cash out of an ATM today in Sosua? I tried 3 different ones and they all said they were empty :ermm:

Cheers,

Mark

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The old fashioned way....

Go inside Banco Popular with your passport and ATM card and go to the teller, and they will give you up to RD10K pesos, maybe more if you smile.

I assume you have a Visa or MC emblem on the card, it will hit your account as an ATM withdrawal.

tambo' the banker

kantona

Jun 22, 2007
Cheers. Good to know for an emergency. Just wondered if this was a one off or if every Monday is a bit dry on the ATM's.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
It's been my experience that it can take them until Monday noon or so to re-load the machines. But they'll have plenty inside and that's becoming a favoured option lately after a few "scams" -- or were they just innocent errors?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Go inside Banco Popular with your passport and ATM card and go to the teller, and they will give you up to RD10K pesos, maybe more if you smile.

I assume you have a Visa or MC emblem on the card, it will hit your account as an ATM withdrawal.

tambo' the banker

They don't give you more than 10K pesos at Banco Popular ? At Banco Progreso they give you 100K pesos.
Monday morning is usually a bad time to use the atm's in Sosua.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
They don't give you more than 10K pesos at Banco Popular ? At Banco Progreso they give you 100K pesos.
Monday morning is usually a bad time to use the atm's in Sosua.

Yes inside the bank it is more than 10,000 pesos. The shortages in the ATM machines increases during the busy tourist season

Status
Not open for further replies.