some photos from my last trip(thanksgiving 07)

Sep 19, 2005
its sunday afternoon and I have time on my hands...sooo

some pictures of last trip including a few from the DR1 turkey day get together at rockys.

first off...this picture is 100% dominican..for lots of reasons..mainly because who ever tied this thing up left enough rope to go ACROSS the road!!..and the dominican bull..uses it all!!

820zngl.jpg

there is no order here. sorry...keeps you guessing

the hospital in Santiago
6y0md52.jpg

this is a shot from the mountain road Santiago to puerto plata, that comes out in the middle between playa dorado and sosua( route 25)..looking down onto puerto plata area
7yq3jw1.jpg

a shot of the refurbished monument

71wnswh.jpg

here is one from a college on the hill looking back at the monument

6krv506.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
another of the monument

82e2s1i.jpg

we showed up while they took the flag down
853ytt0.jpg

werent we just talking about these resturants last week?..
6y0hcfm.jpg

at rockys turkey day party...
6z8g32r.jpg

6ycktn8.jpg

this is the road improvements made to route 21 when you first turn to go up into the mountain in San Victor comeing from Moca and going to Sabanete.. and onto sosua
6llra7k.jpg

route 21 mountain view..I think this is where they filmed JURASIC PARK!!

8an3p87.jpg

bob

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
here is a birthday girl in Mao......

87am4he.jpg

yes it is true only the birthday girl gets dressed up!!

6l3omtu.jpg

the dr has a new up and coming ELVIS...

8giya1w.jpg

this is the Mao Ladies Tea Social.....
8fkmclx.jpg

true to form( they must train the boys early not to mingle with the women folk at home) the boys club was up front of the house
6jfkfo5.jpg

talk about your proverbial adams apple on a woman!!

8152eu1.jpg

bob

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
this is Hector Acosta....aka El Torrito and Tavina..later he asked if any short women would like to come up and get their picture taken!! ha ha ha

6ob6692.jpg

we saw Hector in Tamboril saturday night, and then during the week in sosua when we went to the DR thanksgiving party and then again back in Santiago where he sang at a graduation club...

6lwyhvl.jpg

at this gig in Santiago the alcohol was through the roof!! I thought the guy was ripping me off because i was a gringo!!
but I got ahold of the menu and price list...johnny walker black 1 litre 3300 pesos!!

we bought a a bottle of strange wine, I actually hated...really sweet called Alice and it was 1800 pesos!!! about as good as Boones Farm Strawberry wine( a friend told me about it ha ha )

6lwpwd3.jpg

some wildlife you mention you enjoyed seeing , some you didnt...well no tarantual this trip..but this one was about as big
6jz2448.jpg

something more memorable

8f9ukk9.jpg

bob

Last edited:

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
great

Great pics! Thanks for posting. Not sure about that spider though, omg, at least a tarantula looks like a furry animal, that thing on the wall looks just evil:paranoid:

Sep 19, 2005
here are a few more misc....I like photos from the air, it gives an excellent perspective.

I dont know If I am going to spell this right, but this is Turks and Cakos...( i think..what else could it be??)
6ym0qc8.jpg

a shot of playa dorado , in case you want to pick and choose by color or find your way around.. the previous picture shows why that island would be a great place to scuba dive.
6xingcl.jpg

I dont know If I posted this before...AA new JFK terminal

6xbkwnb.jpg

this is in Santiago...dont know what it is..looks like some serious cluster housing!!!

823j3t2.jpg

anyone for some BOWLING... nice newish lanes on route 1 in santiago....

6sjhxms.jpg

bob

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
sorry but with all those photos I am getting a laugh trying to envision which you have one like? ha ha ha

you have a bull tied to the worng side of the road??? ha ha

or the spider?

bob

No, Bob, the parrot - we sat opposite at the Rocky's Thanksgiving Dinner - I am in the side of the pic with Planner (fag in hand, lol)

Sep 19, 2005
yes I know who you are...I was just wonder what you were refereing to , that you had one like as well??

so it is the parrot...correct?

that parrot was at the new garden hotel

which brings up a bothersome detail about that hotel.

I regret haveing to mention something bad about it....but the door to our room ONLY dead bolted!

there was no regular door knob... and the dead bolt ONLY worked with THE KEY!!

so if there was a fire...you would have to go find the key to get out of the room!!!!

is that insane or what???

Id just throw a chair through the window since we were on the first floor.

bob

bad bob

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
yes I know who you are...I was just wonder what you were refereing to , that you had one like as well??

so it is the parrot...correct?

that parrot was at the new garden hotel

which brings up a bothersome detail about that hotel.

I regret haveing to mention something bad about it....but the door to our room ONLY dead bolted!

there was no regular door knob... and the dead bolt ONLY worked with THE KEY!!

so if there was a fire...you would have to go find the key to get out of the room!!!!

is that insane or what???

Id just throw a chair through the window since we were on the first floor.

bob

bad bob

Hehehehe, yes it was the parrot and we don't have a problem like that so perhaps you and Tavina will chose to stay here with us next time you visit - you would be more than welcome xxx

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
As a charter member of the Arachnophobia Society, I kindly request that you delete that photo-that is the most disgusting creature I've ever seen in my life...:surprised Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The little birthday girl is beautiful. God bless her!!! And the shots of Santiago are really excellent.

As for the bowling alley, I had no idea dominicans liked to bowl, or was it a case of "if we build it they will come"?

Excellent shots, Bob. Thank you very much for sharing.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I think you're missing some pics (i.e you mention bowling alley, turks and caicos, etc, but no picture showing)...

BTW...The Mao ladies pics. I recognize your girl, but who's the girl next to her wearing the plaid pants? Not bad looking at all...

Sep 19, 2005
I think you're missing some pics (i.e you mention bowling alley, turks and caicos, etc, but no picture showing)...

BTW...The Mao ladies pics. I recognize your girl, but who's the girl next to her wearing the plaid pants? Not bad looking at all...

post # 7 ...has the shot from the plane of the small island and has the bowling alley picture.

now the other girl in the picture...

she is a cousin of Tavinas and she is absolutely georgous...just crazy beautiful eyes and skin...the killer is none of her pictures come out good...

she does have a small chip missing on the bottom of one of her front teeth....very slight...but i took like 10 picturs of her because she is so beautiful and none came out half as good as she is in person...

that the problem with all the photos of me too!! ha ha ha ha ha

bob

Sep 19, 2005
ok some opinions.....I told my girlfriend of all the pictures I posted and she got upset with one.....guess which one?

the lady with the growth on her throat.

she says i am being rude taking her picture and putting it on the internet.

I told her, how do you think anyone knows about what the rest of the world is like..when they have never been there...photos.

I take photos of all kinds of stuff, everything...and this is a picture of life in the DR...probably in most countrys a doctor would have removed that growth on that woman at some point.

I didnt tell her about the adams apple comment though!...anybody tells onme,m they are going to the doghouse ha ha ha

bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
ok some opinions.....I told my girlfriend of all the pictures I posted and she got upset with one.....guess which one?

bob

You know Bob......it really was not very nice to make fun of her apple.

I am sure we could work this whole thing out with the proper introduction to Miss Plaid. I mean telling the entire internet NOT to say anything to Tavina, you know someone is bound to slip!

tambo'

Sep 19, 2005
You know Bob......it really was not very nice to make fun of her apple.

I am sure we could work this whole thing out with the proper introduction to Miss Plaid. I mean telling the entire internet NOT to say anything to Tavina, you know someone is bound to slip!

tambo'

gee your right Id really hate for someone to "slip" and end up in A WHEELCHAIR!!!!!!

miss plaid...is ahem...married

yeah they do that in the DR even before they are out of high school

I think that girl is ....18...maybe......but if she gets a divorce, I'll look up that growing list ..ok guys!

bob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Or at least learn how to resize pictures - these aren't that bad, but in some threads the oversized pics distort the whole page.