Help Santiago - Food Boxes to 100 Families

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Let's help the families in Santiago. Forty dollars will feed a family for a number of days! So, I'm asking for 40 dollar donations if you can and if you cannot, anything that you can give.

What I am thinking of, is short-term and quick help with food.
Let's collect money, get it to Santiago quickly, someone there immediately buys and makes up boxes and same day or next day distribute food to families.

The food basket that I'm thinking about, is one that Planner posted in another post. Here it is ...

1- Chicken= 125 pesos each
2- Mixed nuts= 120 pesos
3- Candy bag= 90 pesos
4- Big Ponche= 140 pesos
5- Grapes= 60 pesos
6- Apples= 100 pesos
7- Rice (5 lbs)= 75 pesos
8- Gandules= 50 pesos
9- Spaghetti= 25 pesos
10- 2 liter Pepsi= 50 pesos

I do not have a charity account set up. FireGuy says that they will of course help, but 'quick' is not what they do well. So, I'm going to put my 'neck in a noose' and will use my business accounts for this. I will pay all accounting costs and costs of transferring money. Of course I will keep meticulous records and report it here on DR1. We will see if we can get a discount from the supermarkets.

So, this is what we're going to do.

1. PM me with your email address and the amount of your donation.

2. I will send you a paypal link, where you can make your donation with your credit card, or your paypal account. (I have both Paypal and 2Checkout available to take credit card donations. These are my business accounts and they are in the name of Body Care Products - so, be aware of this).

3. I will, on a daily basis, bank transfer the monies collected to the DR - will let you know who has undertaken to do the buying and distribution in Santiago.

Let's do it! Let's help! Let's help quickly! Let's feed at least 100 families! People are hungry tonight!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You have me crying here! Thank you!
Give me a moment to test my own paypal link and I'll send it to all of you! Tomorrow the first money goes to the DR to feed at least 100 families!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Up to now, using the $40.00 amount per food box, we're feeding 4 families plus!

Would those that have their paypal notifications let me know if it works fine on your side. PM is best!

If paypal or 2checkout does not work for you, give me a little bit of time and I'll send you bank transfer information. Let me just get it together.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Buena causa......

Let's help the families in Santiago. Forty dollars will feed a family for a number of days! So, I'm asking for 40 dollar donations if you can and if you cannot, anything that you can give.

What I am thinking of, is short-term and quick help with food.
Let's collect money, get it to Santiago quickly, someone there immediately buys and makes up boxes and same day or next day distribute food to families.

The food basket that I'm thinking about, is one that Planner posted in another post. Here it is ...

1- Chicken= 125 pesos each
2- Mixed nuts= 120 pesos
3- Candy bag= 90 pesos
4- Big Ponche= 140 pesos
5- Grapes= 60 pesos
6- Apples= 100 pesos
7- Rice (5 lbs)= 75 pesos
8- Gandules= 50 pesos
9- Spaghetti= 25 pesos
10- 2 liter Pepsi= 50 pesos

I do not have a charity account set up. FireGuy says that they will of course help, but 'quick' is not what they do well. So, I'm going to put my 'neck in a noose' and will use my business accounts for this. I will pay all accounting costs and costs of transferring money. Of course I will keep meticulous records and report it here on DR1. We will see if we can get a discount from the supermarkets.

So, this is what we're going to do.

1. PM me with your email address and the amount of your donation.

2. I will send you a paypal link, where you can make your donation with your credit card, or your paypal account. (I have both Paypal and 2Checkout available to take credit card donations. These are my business accounts and they are in the name of Body Care Products - so, be aware of this).

3. I will, on a daily basis, bank transfer the monies collected to the DR - will let you know who has undertaken to do the buying and distribution in Santiago.

Let's do it! Let's help! Let's help quickly! Let's feed at least 100 families! People are hungry tonight!
See, this is what I like, SOMEONE noticing a problem and instead of talking and talking about it, is trying to resolve the problem!!!.

Christa, I had the worse day, today, that I can remember....I worked like a dog, got a speeding ticket for driving too fast to work (didn't want to be late for a meeting), I am getting sick as a dog, my beautiful kids informed me how much their Christmas gifts will cost me (yeah, they still think daddy has a personal ATM machine) and I almost hit an old man on my way home (poor soul, didn't see that the light had turned green already)...

Then I said to myself: "Shyt, what's next...Get hit by a falling plane!!!!".

Then I got home, a few minutes ago, and saw this thread.

NOT to sound like a little girl (as if possible, wahahahahaha) but, believe it or not, you starting this thread MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

YOU can count on me!!!!.

Just let me make myself comfortable and we can "talk" more about it.

But I WILL help and I hope others here are in a good mood and help also.

I always say it doesn't take much to help needy people in the DR.

To whomever loves the DR and it's people, 40 dollars should be a "piece of cake".

THANKS Christa!!.

Edited to add:

Hey Christa......Who made you cry?....Let me know and I will......You know......WHACK HIM/HER!!!!. Wahahahahaha!!

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
miguel, the first cash in has cleared my Paypal account!
4 Families are getting Food Baskets tomorrow!
People are taking action!
It is a beautiful thing!
I've been busy non-stop sending out Paypal notices.

Give me an hour or two here to figure out what is pledged and what has cleared, so that I can report.

Tomorrow we're feeding families in Santiago!
Screw Work for a few days!
This is more important!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que cheveron......

miguel, the first cash in has cleared my Paypal account!
4 Families are getting Food Baskets tomorrow!
People are taking action!
It is a beautiful thing!
I've been busy non-stop sending out Paypal notices.

Give me an hour or two here to figure out what is pledged and what has cleared, so that I can report.

Tomorrow we're feeding families in Santiago!
Screw Work for a few days!
This is more important!
This is great news, Christa.

Well, this is my pledge:

WHOMEVER posts next that they will buy ONE box, I WILL match it!!.

Come on........I am waiting!!!!!.

"Come out, come out, whomever you are"...Wahahahahahaha!!.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm going to donate my time and money as well. I currently am under the weather with a high fever but if I can't go I have some family that are trustworty. I should be better in a couple of days as I'm taking Amoxicillan.

Any other DR1'ers in the area who want to help too?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Chris..I am in New York but my parents are in Santiago -Reparto Universitario
I can contribute with $40.00 dollars...Where do they have to bring the money or someone can pick it up ?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Facil....

Chris..I am in New York but my parents are in Santiago -Reparto Universitario
I can contribute with $40.00 dollars...Where do they have to bring the money or someone can pick it up ?
Lucille, if you have a credit card, send Chris a PM with your email address and then she will send you a paypal link where you can donate with your credit card.....It's pretty easy.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Miguel where do you want me to donate? I am a litle confuse...is this for on xmas , make a poor family happy? or this is for the Santiago tragedy?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Lucille, I received your pm and sent you the donation link.

This makes me think! Be sure you all check your spam folders. I'm up to date so far with sending back donation links. If you don't see me there .. then remind me, or check the spam folder. ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Again, this is short term help. It is not long-term and it is not meant to be a long-term project. It needs to be quick. People are hungry now!

All we want to do, is to put a family basket of food in front of some of the families who lost everything in tropical storm Olga. Whoever was responsible for opening the dam, whoever did whatever wrong.

We simply want to feed some families and give a little Christmas joy.

People lost all their possessions, their homes (even if it was only a shack), some people lost family members. Perhaps we can give just a little to bring a little joy into some lives and ensure that there is something to eat.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I'm going to donate my time and money as well. I currently am under the weather with a high fever but if I can't go I have some family that are trustworty. I should be better in a couple of days as I'm taking Amoxicillan.

Any other DR1'ers in the area who want to help too?
Sorry to hear you are suffering with fever Chip - best YOU stay in doors & organise things!!

I don't know who, what, or where things are being purchased from but you might consider Pricesmart. If YOU talk to the manager of this (or any other shop chosen) maybe you could get them to contribute one (or better TWO) boxes for every ten purchased. Mind you, this would have to include THEM making up the boxes too!!:cheeky: ;)

If another DR1 member is handling the collection/payment side of things, maybe YOU could take control of negotiating the best possible deal or chatting some companies locally into contributing?? ~ Grahame.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, where we stand now...

Pledges - $370.00 which will buy a basic food box for 9.25 families
Paid - $120.00, which will buy a basic food box for 4 families

If you have not received your paypal notice by now, let me know again via pm. As far as I know, I've responded to everyone.

My part is collecting and using the infrastructure that I have to move quickly. And then I make up the finance costs of all the small transactions. So, $120.00 will buy a full $120.00 worth of food.

I'll pick it up in the morning again. Don't stop the PM's! Thank you for your compassion!

Last edited: