Mitchell report...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The names of prominence so far-Roger Clemens and Andy Petite.

I wonder how many, in terms of breakdown, will be latin and how many of those will be dominican.

As I've said in a previous post, over 50% of the pro baseball players who have tested positive have been latin. To me this means that the stuff is rampant in the minor leagues, where a large majority of the suspended players played when they were caught.

There are plenty of sleazy characters in minor league baseball and I'm sure they will not be purged. It will always be the players who get chucked to the side. As long as you have these people messing with young, ignorant poor players who will do anything for a shot at the big leagues there will always be cheating in baseball.

Lets' see who is named next.

ESPN - Mitchell report: Baseball slow to react to players' steroid use - MLB

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
It's out of control in all sports...track and field, swimming, cycling, football, baseball, basketball...it's become the new normal PLUS these folks will always find a new way around the next set of drug tests. Maybe there is just too much money to be made for the successful cheat...maybe we should just stop watching.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Miguel Tejada.

Not sure if hes' dominican but Benito Santiago was named as well.

Funny enough no one from the Red Sox but quite a few Yankees made the list.;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Since the testing is about steroids and not aids I will move this to the baseball forum.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Mitchell bio....nuff said

Miguel Tejada.

George Mitchell bio

? Age: 74
? Former US Senator (D-Maine), May 1980-Jan. 1995
? Chairman, Walt Disney Company, March 2004-Dec. 2006
? Currently Chairman of the Global Board, DLA Piper (law firm)
? Chaired negotiations for Belfast Peace Agreement in Northern Ireland (1998)
? Director, Boston Red Sox
? Head of investigation into past steroid use by MLB players

All a bunch of bunk, anyone who has the hand eye coordination like Bonds whether he took steroids or not, it cetainly might improve strength but not his vision and coordination. there willbe hundreds named in the end.
The next thing is Gehrig and Ruth will be exumed and tested to see what traces are in their remains.

Jan 9, 2004
Just for clarity....

Eric Gagne, Paxton Crawford, Mo Vaughn, Brendan Donnelly and Roger Clemens were named in the report. Last I knew, at one time, they all played for the Red Sox.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Miguel Tejada.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
UHHHHH, let me clarify for the clarifiers...

Eric Gagne, Paxton Crawford, Mo Vaughn, Brendan Donnelly and Roger Clemens were named in the report. Last I knew, at one time, they all played for the Red Sox.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

For those who need EVERYTHING spelled out for them-no Current Red Sox have yet to be implicated. Gagne doesn't count because the way he pitched for them this year, I would of given him an exception to pound a few d-balls.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
All a bunch of bunk, anyone who has the hand eye coordination like Bonds whether he took steroids or not, it cetainly might improve strength but not his vision and coordination. there willbe hundreds named in the end.
The next thing is Gehrig and Ruth will be exumed and tested to see what traces are in their remains.

HGH improves vision, and your reflexes become sharper when you are faster, stronger and can see the ball more clearly.

There are many people who think that hand-eye coordination is innate, but these drugs and the performances over the last 10 years clearly show a correlation between useage and improvement in this vital department.

The physical tools you bring to the table have an effect on this, and with better eyesight and stronger muscles we get...Bonds, MacGuire, Sosa, Palmiero...etc.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Did you even read the report??? Or just the cliff notes??? When you read it, you really need to Ctrl-F on Kevin Brown and Gagne. Baseball executives knew what was going on, and nonetheless traded or traded for steroid users.

It was a smear job on the Yankees. Why would they leak hours before the list was officially released that Clemens and Pettite are on it? The omissions from the list are pretty telling as well.

Gets back to why they leaked Paul Byrd's HGH test prior to his Game 4 start in the ALCS vs. Boston. Where the hell did THAT come from?

Not coincidential by any means by this Mitchell crew.

This will accomplish nothing but more talk, maybe a strike by the players.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
connection

Hlywud - Agree.
My question, was the witch hunt for Bonds worth all of this??? So, now what?
I don't have an answer to your question, but it seems Bonds connection with BALCO is what put him in the cross-hairs.

The rest were all supplied from the street, so to speak.

Your second question is what interests me - NOW WHAT?

One point I heard today rang true - the real victims are the ballers that don't do drugs, they are tarnished by association.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
News to me.

HGH improves vision, and your reflexes become sharper when you are faster, stronger and can see the ball more clearly.

You sure about that? I'm not doubting it, but I've never heard that.

It does decrease recovery time for injuries or muscle building, that I've heard/read.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Angry MFY fans. Still!!!

It was a smear job on the Yankees. Why would they leak hours before the list was officially released that Clemens and Pettite are on it? The omissions from the list are pretty telling as well.

Gets back to why they leaked Paul Byrd's HGH test prior to his Game 4 start in the ALCS vs. Boston. Where the hell did THAT come from?

Not coincidential by any means by this Mitchell crew.
Laughable.

Players take dope, have career years and then get signed by the MFYs.

You are what you eat.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
You sure about that? I'm not doubting it, but I've never heard that.

It does decrease recovery time for injuries or muscle building, that I've heard/read.

"Outside" magazine ran an article about one of those anti-aging clinics and a recreational cyclist that began a regimen of HGH and a few other products. Both the doctor(who also takes HGH) and the patient noticed an improvement in eyesight among other affects that wore off when the cyclist stopped injecting it.

Since no long-term double-blind studies have ever been done on the short-long term effects of performance enhancing drugs, all we have is this type of evidence-personal accounts of people who take these drugs.

And like you I am also skeptical, but towards the other direction-the people(ususally sportscasters, and what the hell do THEY really know?) who keep mouthing off about HGH having no effect on hand-eye coordination-well, what proof do THEY have that is doesn't?

Because it seems rather obvious to me that it does. The baseball record books over the last 15-20 years are the proof of this for me.

Last edited:

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I think that there are many pro baseball players breathing a sigh of relief today. An investigator with real powers would have netted another 150 ballplayers.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the Mitchell Report is just a "feel good" story....accusations, hearsay, people trying to avoid prosecution snitching someone else out for a lesser prison term, etc.
funny how A-Rod finalized his deal the day the report comes out...:ermm: