Dajabon market

Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakker

Dec 1, 2007
Hi all

Anyone visited Dajabon market recently and can advise on whether to stay there, or visit from Monte Cristi? Wondering if it's possible to take transport from there to Elias Pina, since the road seems to cut through Haiti. Otherwise, are there guas guas from Dajabon to Sabaneta, or again, is it easier to back track to Monte Cristi?

Thanks in advance

amtrakker

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Dajabon

I think that Dajabon is more interesting than Monte Christi-- Try the Hotel Bonanza on the left as you enter town - family run, clean rooms, swimming pool- sometimes a bit full on weekend days as pool is open to public - for a fee- it is the only pool in Dajabon. Also Hotel Gran Rydan -- on the main street. Both are about 600 pesos. Market is Monday and Friday. Road is open to Cap Haitian.

enjoy..

amtrakker

Dec 1, 2007
Thanks moutainannie for your helpful reply, in the end, I stayed at Montechito Hotel in Monte Cristi (the owner has apparently recently been busted for having 27kg of cocaine in his possesion). It was right on the water and had power from 7p.m. to 11a.m. OK for 2500DOP for 3 nights.

Had to wait the longest for a gua gua so far in the DR (only 15 mins...) to get to Dajabon on Friday 40DOP for the 40 min ride. The market wasn?'t that inspiring, and wouldn?t make a special effort to get there. Could get Babancourt Rum for 350DOP a 750ml bottle. What was interesting was the line of painting were of far poorer quality than the replicas of Haitian art I?ve seen so far in the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.