Is it just me?

ajewellmom

Oct 31, 2007
I just returned from vacation and nobody tried to Sankify me? Geez . . . how hideous must I be? :cheeky:

I did enjoy some wonderful merengue dancing with one of the Animation team who never did offer me anything beyond dancing and didn't ask me for anything (I don't think asking for my email address counts). Maybe it's because he has only worked there two weeks.

Such a disappointment. I was soooo looking for a boost to my self-esteem! LOL

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Should BOOST your self-esteem

I just returned from vacation and nobody tried to Sankify me? Geez . . . how hideous must I be? :cheeky:

I did enjoy some wonderful merengue dancing with one of the Animation team who never did offer me anything beyond dancing and didn't ask me for anything (I don't think asking for my email address counts). Maybe it's because he has only worked there two weeks.

Such a disappointment. I was soooo looking for a boost to my self-esteem! LOL

I would think they thought you were not an easy vulnerable target.Actually I would take this as a compliment and not a put down. Then again I am a contranian by nature so this is the way I mind works.
JOHN

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Yeah, I don't know about this. I've seen some pretty horrid physical specimens at these AIs, all with stars in their eyes as their sankies aggressively courted them.

Maybe you do need to take this snub personally. Because even if you look like a wildebeest you should of been able to attract at least one of these losers.

YEAH!!!:eek:gre::eek:gre::eek:gre:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think johne had the answer - but if you did give out your e-mail address the sankie could be biding his time, waiting to pounce!

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Maybe you picked up on it and blew them off with out even realizing it. ( they were sankies)

Be grateful... less heartaches in the longrun and a more enjoyable vacation

Just re-read-- you gave your e mail address out--- be prepared!!!!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I have to agree with johne, Chirimoya and 2leftfeet.

You should not be disappointed! To me this means that you acted like a decent woman that did not make a fool of herself by hanging all over a sankie. You obviously had a respectable air about you, did not get all drunk and sleazy, and commanded yourself well.

For that you should be commended! A sanky will scope out a situation, and try to get a sense of who will be an easy target. You must have shown some level of sophistication to discourage them from seeing you as a "victim".

But.... for the email part? This could be the "new and improved" sankie tactic, since they are aware their game is pretty well been uncovered. Play it slow, don't make their move while you are there, take advantage of the withdrawal symptoms that everyone goes through once home again! Start with the emails, convince them to start sending things/money/ or a return trip because "I miss you so". Snag them hook, line and sinker with less energy used by the sankie.

In fact, could it be the sankies are just getting all tired and worn out? By just emailing instead of having to enertain you countless times and getting the same result might be their new strategy?

Who knows, just be careful when replying to his emails - or better yet - block him or change your email - you know, just to be on the safe side. You escaped the DR without heartache and loss of money this time, but you still could get taken if you let your guard down!

Marlie

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

But.... for the email part? This could be the "new and improved" sankie tactic, since they are aware their game is pretty well been uncovered. Play it slow, don't make their move while you are there, take advantage of the withdrawal symptoms that everyone goes through once home again! Start with the emails, convince them to start sending things/money/ or a return trip because "I miss you so". Snag them hook, line and sinker with less energy used by the sankie.

In fact, could it be the sankies are just getting all tired and worn out? By just emailing instead of having to enertain you countless times and getting the same result might be their new strategy?

Who knows, just be careful when replying to his emails - or better yet - block him or change your email - you know, just to be on the safe side. You escaped the DR without heartache and loss of money this time, but you still could get taken if you let your guard down!

Marlie

Here's a hypothetical:

Dear Maria;

My very Canadian (remember it's hypothetical) lady. I suffer my hart for you gracia. When I see you and stop suffer?

big big luv and kises

Dancie Boy

That's just the beginning. :laugh::lick:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Me querido Dancie Boy
gracias para le mensaje. Soy aprender espanol un pocito. Por favor, escribir mucho.
Amor y besos,
Maria from Canada

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
My Maria;

My hart so big you lern espanis. I think is destin we make cacao and milk babies.

I drim we sell funny indio sno shues in big shop y big big money.

tu loco mukluk

Dancie Boy

(Dancie Boy is working towards introducing Western Union; the first harpoon):devious:

The progression:

Beginning: standoffish
Middle: the dance
End: wealth transfer

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
gotta love that tact

Yeah, I don't know about this. I've seen some pretty horrid physical specimens at these AIs, all with stars in their eyes as their sankies aggressively courted them.

Maybe you do need to take this snub personally. Because even if you look like a wildebeest you should of been able to attract at least one of these losers.

YEAH!!!:eek:gre::eek:gre::eek:gre:

next to the mukluks this post was quite humorous

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Too Perfect

Me querido Dancie Boy
gracias para le mensaje. Soy aprender espanol un pocito. Por favor, escribir mucho.
Amor y besos,
Maria from Canada

Sorry to say you don't make a good scammer with Spanish like that!
How about: Dancie Boy-cammo tu sta? Me no speakee Spanish. But grazie for you mensage. No possibla to retorna SD now but pleasa me writea.

You amore,
Maria

P.S. Probably makes no differenced as he won't understand the good Spanish or the mal.

ajewellmom

Oct 31, 2007
Hey now, I said he asked . . . I didn't say I gave the email address to him. Sheesh!

Please note that my original post was made tongue in cheek. I felt so prepared to be sankified after having spent time reading Sankie 101 that I was ready to rumble, so to speak. Next time I suppose I will have to be more accommodating by not telling these guys on first glance to not go near my daughters or I'd have their head on a platter!

Hmmmm . . . think I'm seeing more clearly now. LOL

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Hey now, I said he asked . . . I didn't say I gave the email address to him. Sheesh!
Please note that my original post was made tongue in cheek. I felt so prepared to be sankified after having spent time reading Sankie 101 that I was ready to rumble, so to speak. Next time I suppose I will have to be more accommodating by not telling these guys on first glance to not go near my daughters or I'd have their head on a platter!
Hmmmm . . . think I'm seeing more clearly now. LOL

Oops, I guess we were a little too quick to assume that you gave him your email address!

You go girl! As a mother, I would do the very same thing!! LOL

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Kudos to ajewellmom for discerning the dangers. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to get a little stupid. (Thank you Brahma Light for assisting in this endeavor).

Just as Arthur Conan Doyle killed off Sherlock Holmes the creative team of the Dancie Boy saga must sadly report the following:

Crushed by the non responsiveness of his Maria, the love of his life, DB accepted a proposal of marriage from Helj? H?m?l?inen from Finland. Before her trip to marry him at his AI with plans for the full animation team to be in attendance DB was a passenger on a motorcycle taxi which was flattened (aplastao) by a minibus (guagua).

DB leaves his common law wives Yocaira, Yoselin, Kimara, Marialis and 17 children, 4 of whom have been "declared".

He also leaves 26 lady friends in 5 countries in North America and Europe, 4 of whom have started "Do you know" threads on DR1. Three of these were closed within a short time by Annac, the other became a bloody free for all because Anna was busy shovelling snow and couldn't get to it right away.

In an ironic twist, as she had promised DB that they would start a mukluk store, Helj? became the leading disitributor of high end mukluks in Scandinavia. Her secret past as an East German Olympic sex change shotputter was never discovered.

After a decent interval Helj? resumed her world travels playing with Sankies. She never married and never forgot DB.

:cry:

Giglet

Oct 8, 2007
yeesh,
I go to work, come back and miss all this.
Hillarious to read though.
Great conclusion :)

|Giglet|