Edenh Real Punta Cana Update

rzendl1

Dec 17, 2007
Here are some pictures that were taken recently of the construction.

Click Me

Courtesy of Fireguy here on DR1

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 7, 2007
I know a person working there.

They are opening on 24th (some parts of the hotel) and forst guests arriving on that date.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The guests arriving in December (between the 24th and 26th) are VIPs, investors, etc. Their first paying guests arrive between January 4th and 6th with the bulk beginning to arrive between the 15th and 25th of January. Some facilities spa, one or two restaurants and the bowling alley in the sports bar will not open until later; some as late as Easter.

Gregg

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Rubio,
how is it going in Higuey?
greetings from Punta Cana.
Gregg is right, the x-mas meeting is a investors meetings and i passed there 2 hrs ago, if i would be a ninvestor i would call my money back, ha ha, there are buildings aso finished, but the whole area is a full construction site, not a nice view for a x-mas meeting, and their vehicles daaged several parts of the road right in front of their entrance, at the moment 2 of those wholes are dangerously deep and filled with water(who doesn't know them will hit them), i hope they have one or 2 packs of cement left to fill that up very soon before someone dies for a fast uncontrolled construction.
happy holidays
Mike

go leafs go

Jan 12, 2007
wow great pictures! Not sure if we are going to book here. Some great deals going on, we are looking at the first week in Feb. Does annyone know for sure if it will be done by then? Or does a project like this prolong for a long period?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yesterday they finally fixed those monster wholes in the street.
GoLeafsGo,
if you get a great deal for february, take it.
by then most will be finished.
at the moment that resort is completely finished you won't find a great deal, it will not be a cheap resort, so use the opportunity to enjoy that at a great rate.
Mike

go leafs go

Jan 12, 2007
Thanks Mike, you are right to take the oppurtunity for great prices. My concern is we are taking our three kids 20,15,13,&9 would there be enough up and running? We went to the north side last year, wanted to try the east coast this year. Is there any activities we can do outside the resort?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
1st of all, by february the rsort will be running on most of it's amenities, so the basics like great beach, pool, bars, most restaurants for great food will be up.
and by experience i can tell you that the staff of an new resort with still some facilities missing will give it all to suit you and your family nice to fill little niches from still missing facilities.
i.e. the resort announced a while ago that the lates finished facilities will be the gym and the Spa buildings, they will run by easter week, but massages aso will be available, they will be provided at the pool area instead the not finished Spa building/facility.
for your teens you will have access to all excursions/activities off the resort than visitors to other resorts have, at your resort all those excursions will be available.
for a family with big kids like yours i would recommend to do a Safari, my personal prefered one is the monster Truck(8 wheeler truck 8x8), also outback safari and bavaro runners get steadily top feedback.
for water based excursions i would recommend the Marinarium(if you want to be with the big crowd, they run 2 story plattforms as boats/catamarans with big party time during the excursion, including snorkeling with nurse sharks and rays) or the Sailcatamaran Patatatu, that's also a 4hrs snorkel excursion, but more family styled because of much smaller groups per excursion.
the first mentioned excursions you can book with your tourep upon arrival, he will have all of them in his tour program, the Patatatu you can see on my website sailing catamaran excursion sail trip for snorkeling and sunset sail to shipwreck in punta cana dominican republic sailboat
you can also request further info on my mail mike@mikesmarina.info

of course you can use my e-mail also for additional non snorkeling/fishing questions, there's always a open ear.
happy holidays
Mike

snb1184

Dec 27, 2007
EdenH

Mike
Great Update. Can you tell me is there actually water in the pools yet? Bars open? Do you know if the construction will be loud. We are planning on coming Mid Feb?
Thanks

rzendl1

Dec 17, 2007
DLX20room1.jpg

aerea20final20piscina1-1.jpg

For honesty in posting...

The bottom photo is photoshopped as I have received the same photo purporting to be from November and I was at this resort on Nov. 29th and the pools were not finished (no tiling) and there was no water in them. In addition the beach was not in the pristine state in which it is shown in the photo.

FYI.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

go leafs go

Jan 12, 2007
Yahoo

Well we did it, after seeing some of the pictures of the resort today I went ahead and booked for our family of 6. Mike iam going to take your advice on doing a excursion I will hopefully talk to you in the next couple of days,.We are coming Jan 31 for a week

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Where is this resort located, which resorts are beside it? Is it going to be rated a 5 star? Sorry if these questions have already been asked.

Audra

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Thanks Mike,

I saw this place being built when I stayed at the Palma Real. I may consider this place for my next trip to Punta Cana, looks very similar to the PPR.

Happy New Year!

Audra

daleg737

Jan 3, 2008
so...bottom line on this hotel is? We are booking a last minute to Punta Cana...two families with teen aged kids. We are deciding on the Ocean Sand or taking our chances on the Edenh? If you were booking, would you book Edenh for Feb 18 week? Will there still be construction...noisy?

daleg737

Jan 3, 2008
edenh - what about construction noise

Hey Mike,
Looking at booking a last minute to Punta Cana for Feb 18. Deciding on Ocean Sand or Edenh. My only concern would be the noise of construction and disruption in services. We are two families booking within teenagers.
Hotel looks great, but just worried about condition of hotel and services...
sometimes places need the 'bugs worked out', and with only 1 month from when it opens to when we go I am not sure. Getting pressure from others to book this one (Edenh) though as the pictures look awesome..and new is always nice!. Thanks for letting me know
Freezing in Canada by the way!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
for feb 18th ahead i would take my chances with a great deal on the new one.
the still ongoing constructions will be minors, i would take it, i would assume that the staff at that resort 1 month after the so called soft opening will be the best service staff to get, because they will be prepared that there are complains aso about some stuff, so they will be very helpful on anything possible to give each customer all the possible attention.
happy travel
Mike

daleg737

Jan 3, 2008
Thanks Mike ... looks like first guests will be arriving today, so hopefully they will post their reviews as soon as they get back...