Driving directions to Barcelo Punta Cana

Kiboko

Dec 26, 2006
Hello!

We'll be driving soon to Barcelo Punta Cana (formerly Breezes) from Santo Domingo. I know it's one of the most northern hotels on that bit of coast, but I'm not sure how far north. Would we be better off turning east at Otra Banda towards the airport then driving north up the coast, or continuing north at Otra Banda towards Macao? I also read recently on this forum about some problems with the roads around Otra Banda, requiring a detour through the sugar cane fields. Is that still the case?

Thanks for all your help!

Kiboko

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Kikobo,
the bridge/rod problem from Otra Banda to Bavaro is fixed, the road is open for you.
the best way is you take the normal rod you mentioned , turning right in La Otra Banda towards Bavar/Airport.
once down in "Veron" you hit the main crossing (Shell gas station on the right), here you turn left (the airport would be straigt on), right at the police station, and go straight on until the next crossing which allow to turn left(named Cruze Coco Loco, around 8Km since the turn at the police station), here you turn left and follow that road for the next 8-10Km, don't turn left or right, just stay on the same road, so you will reach a small crossing with big signs on , they say (Uvero Alto, Secrets aso to turn to the left), so here you turn left and after 2KM at the next possible crossing you turn right and the road leads you after 500 meters to the entrance of the Barcelo Punta Cana.
in case you miss the left turn (with the signs Uvero Alto, Macao, Secrets aso) don't worry, after 300 meters you would be stuck in front of the main entrance of the ROIU resort, so just turn around and take the next possible turn to the right, because that street is a dead end road to the RIU and Iberostar resorts.
have fun
Mike

Kiboko

Dec 26, 2006
Thank you

Wow! Such detailed directions! I'm sure we won't get lost with these :)Thanks a lot Mike.