We got lots of goodies.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Less than 2 weeks to go for the New Year's Eve Mobile Party.
Our very own DR1ers, Ro & son, along with MerengueDutchie accompanied us to help buy presents for the kids.
Enough said.
The pix speak for themselves.

NYpresents07.jpg

NYpresents071.jpg

NYpresents072.jpg

NYpresents073.jpg

NYpresents074.jpg

NYpresents075.jpg

NYpresents076.jpg

NYpresents077.jpg

NYpresents078.jpg

NYpresents079.jpg

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Anyone who would like to bring presents, wrapping paper, donate, or even be driven to POP to buy toys/presents, need only post it here, PM or email me.
It's all good, big and small.
For every present, there's another happy smiley kid.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Just got back from my first Xmas shopping trip for the New Year's kids. What an awesome experience - and heartfelt as we chose the presents. I'm told we went over budget by 50+% so the downside was we couldn't shop anymore because we ran out of money (and we had 2 cars and had room for more presents).

So even if you're not here for New Year's (which I won't be) please think about contributing wrapping paper, presents, money, champagne, whatever your heart tells you.

And it feels so good to be part of the contribution!

Happy Holidays
Ro

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
It was good fun and it was good to bring some light to some of the less privilegd families out there...

You know, the kids who are limpia bootas.

So to any and all, give till it hurts (didn't I read that before, somewhere?)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Needless to say that all those who can and want to join us on New Year's Eve, when we go out into the poor barrios with champagne for the adults and presents for the kids, are more than welcome.
It's an event you'll never forget.

NYEpresents078.jpg

NYEpresents079.jpg

NYpresents07.jpg

NYpresents071.jpg

NYpresents072.jpg

NYpresents073.jpg

NYpresents074.jpg

NYpresents075.jpg

NYpresents076.jpg

NYpresents077.jpg

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Santa's Little Helpers.

One of the things that most warms my heart, is to see how everybody jumps in and starts wrapping.
Some of these folks may not be rich enough to buy presents, but they sure love the idea of contributing any way they can.
If you could hear them talk about how some kid is going to love this or that present, you'd know what I mean.
Dominicans are generous people by nature, and they love to give.

NYEpresents074-1.jpg

NYEpresents076-1.jpg

NYEpresents078-1.jpg

NYEpresents0716.jpg

NYEpresents0717.jpg

NYEpresents0719.jpg

NYEpresents0722.jpg

NYEpresents0723.jpg

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My wife and I can't wait to be part of this Rocky. See you Saturday! :)

Rick
Me too.
I got the fever now.
From here on in, it just gets better and better everyday.

BTW: The girls (our lady friends, super cooks) tell me that they'll be cooking us up a Christmas dinner turkey with all the fixings, along with scrumptious home made pies and cakes, that will rival the Thanksgiving meal, so bring your loose fitting pants, we'll be packing on the pounds.;)

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Awww...you guys, it's amazing and heart warming to see what you are doing. :)

This year here in Canada I will be helping out at a shelter for xmas eve...

When I am down there next year I hope to be able to get involved somewhere in the DR helping out :)

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Rocky, if you remember last December Giselle and I brought two large rolls of wrapping paper and you just happened to be at the airport when we landed.

This year we are not coming to the North Coast until April but when we arrive I have three large rolls of wrapping paper (one red, one blue and one gold - anything but red or blue). We'll give you an early start to the paper drive in April.

Gregg

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky, if you remember last December Giselle and I brought two large rolls of wrapping paper and you just happened to be at the airport when we landed.

This year we are not coming to the North Coast until April but when we arrive I have three large rolls of wrapping paper (one red, one blue and one gold - anything but red or blue). We'll give you an early start to the paper drive in April.

Gregg
Sounds great, Gregg.
We can never have too much wrapping paper.
Thanks Dude.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Once again, you have brought tears to my eyes, Rocky!

What you are doing here is what this season is all about - thank you for bringing back the joy of giving.

Your generous heart and overwhelming compassion will hopefully set a standard for all the new ex-pats - but then again - you are a hard act to follow.

Marlie

P.S. don't forget - one of your "lady friends" that makes such a yummy turkey needs a little gift of something on the 29th !!

N

naturelover

its all looking good .....well done Roxy and the rock chicks

A

apostropheman

another fine example of positive things being done by great people!

thanks guys! :)

(and some bonus reputation points Drro, MerengueDutchie and Rocky for a superior job! :D)

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Once again, you have brought tears to my eyes, Rocky!

What you are doing here is what this season is all about - thank you for bringing back the joy of giving.

Your generous heart and overwhelming compassion will hopefully set a standard for all the new ex-pats - but then again - you are a hard act to follow.

Marlie

P.S. don't forget - one of your "lady friends" that makes such a yummy turkey needs a little gift of something on the 29th !!
Hey Marlie,
Thanks for the kind words.
This might be a good time to mention that several folks have donated to this cause.
This a difficult time, right now, in light of the 2 storms that devastated some parts of the country, and buying champagne and presents for poor people might seem to be a low priority thing.
That's part of the reason that we've been quieter than usual about the event.
That being said, the New Year's Eve mobile party is food for the soul, both for the givers and the recipients.
I'm sure that some of these kids in the poor barrios not only don't get presents, but I bet you that most of them haven't ever seen a gift wrapped one, and the odds are that their parents have never had a chance to share some good cheer over a few glasses of champagne.
Only those who have gone out with us, can fully understand what it's like, and they would tell you that it's a magic feeling.
We might only stop somewhere for 30 minutes, but the feeling lives on for a long long time.
I hope you can join us one day soon.
Regards, Marco.

A

apostropheman

another fine example of positive things being done by great people!

thanks guys! :)

(and some bonus reputation points Drro, MerengueDutchie and Rocky for a superior job! :D)
and for FireGuy, Dafishguy and Lambada!

Status
Not open for further replies.