No more visa or Passport needed?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
That is what it seems to be saying, i.e., we want lots of tourists.

John D. Clark

Aug 5, 2007
Does anyone know how one would go about obtaining the tourist visa? Also does anyone know the cost and how long it's good for. And does the "go into haiti for a day" renewal program (courtesy some DR1 poster) still work? Thanks.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Does anyone know how one would go about obtaining the tourist visa? Also does anyone know the cost and how long it's good for. And does the "go into haiti for a day" renewal program (courtesy some DR1 poster) still work? Thanks.

Is your question about a tourist visa to the DR? If it is the tourist visa to the DR is good for 14 days and if you stay longer you pay a fine when leaving the DR.

The tourist visa is $10 and depending where you are coming from it might be included in your ticket price if not you can buy in at the airport when you land.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006

John D. Clark

Aug 5, 2007
With the thread stating "No more visa and passport needed" I was just trying to see if I needed to purchase a passport which I was looking to expedite (couple of hundred bucks US) or can I get it with this tourist card. While researching this, I was somewhat led to believe that I would still need a passport to get the tourist card. Or am I able to just show with my $10 and ticket? Any clarification would be appreciated. Oh...and thanks Anna and Dominican Boy for your responses.

Feb 7, 2007
John, you need a passport to get back to the USA... so even if you wouldn't need it to enter the DR (btw how would you show your citizenship? There is no national ID card, like in Europe, which shows citizenship) you would still need a passport to enter back the USA.

Even though the passport rule for re-entry to the USA has been relaxed earlier this year, it's about to come back in effect quite soon.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes I agree with Rubio, although the DR might not care where you are from it's best to check with your own country to see what you need for documentation to get back in.