Las Terrenas Restaurants

egeth

Oct 24, 2005
Hi, I will be in Las Terrenas from Jan.3-10. Looking for restaurant recommendations . I know Alisei and would be looking for other special places as well as small gems. Best Seafood? Thanks in advance. Ed

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
We loved La Yuca Caliente, a short walk from Alisei....but truthfully the quality of food at Baraonda at Hotel Alisei is superior to anything else we tried in the area...and great value too!

Enjoy!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
"Atlantis", in Playa Bonita is a classic. "Casa Grande", almost next door...

The newest talk of the town is "Mi Coraz?n", downtown, in the big new white "La Esquina" building...

Otherwise, as usual, the Fishermen's village is full of good restaurants...

Hang out and try them all !!!

egeth

Oct 24, 2005
Thank you for the help. I have enjoyed Casa Grande and the Fisherman's Village is a good suggestion. All ideas are appreciated. Ed

outofbounds

Oct 9, 2007
Can anybody help with info regarding a restaurant out on the coson beach called The Beach ??, somebody in nyc was talking about it and thought would like to try it on a next visit to LT.
thanks

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
"The Beach", in Playa Coson is indeed a magical place. I've always enjoyed it tremendously. Worth a visit for sure ! It's only open for lunch, not for dinner. Try it !

dahlia

Nov 21, 2006
restaurants in Las Terrenas

All mentionned rest are good choice - "the beach" at Cosson has to be visited. We also loved "Flavio Fashion", excellent italian food and fancy decoration. And El Mambo (french cook , italian maitre d'ho and spanish owner, which makes a nice intl welcome) for its food but also for the original and tropical look of the restaurant. Both are at the beginning of the road to punta Popy .
Our choices at the fisherman's village are La terrasse and la Salsa.Enjoy your stay !

egeth

Oct 24, 2005
I am now in Las Terrenas and wanted to tell everyone of a great place right in town called El Mambo, what a find. The food the ambience and the service were all top notch. The appetizers were particularly great. We had a country terrine, a breaded sardine, and a crab "kipe"?I had lamb chops that had a great flavor though a bit thin and overcooked. My mother in law loved her duck. There was a great wine list and the prices were reasonable. Someone next to us had the Argentinian filet and it looked real good.Price range for entrees was 300-400 Rd.