Dominicanos in Poland??

Karolina_Abroad

Dec 26, 2007
Hi everyone...
I'm working on contract near Warsaw, Poland. Would be nice to get together with some Dominicans... anyone here?

jr21m

Dec 27, 2007
1 in Bialystok :)

Hi there,

I have almost two years working and living here, but never met any other Dominican. But if we 'all come out', would be nice to meet.

Ah, I'd like one huge favor, you live in the capital so, if you one day find yuca/platanos, please let me know where!

Feliz navidad!

Juan

Karolina_Abroad

Dec 26, 2007
Hi --
Yea, I've never seen anyone Hispanic or seen any hispanic products. I don't think they care yuca/platanos anywhere. I'm not crazy about yuca but I love platanos and I've asked around and no one really knows what I'm talking about. I'm really bummed out.

What are you doing in Poland anyway?

jr21m

Dec 27, 2007
Well, I have Polish wife and a 16 months child. She couldn't stand the heat in DR and we moved here, I work for Philips in Bialystok.

I understand the platano issue, but at least now Poland is Schengen, so if you drop by Germany or another EU country, you can buy them and get them into Poland without problems.

I know in Warsaw there are latin people and spanish, but they're normally college students in exchange or something similar. Of course, also the typical cuban teaching salsa or Bolivian playing flautes.

Karolina_Abroad

Dec 26, 2007
I can't believe she didn't like the heat. I miss it -- especially the sunshine. It's so gray in Warsaw - awful. But I'll be going back to DR in July for a month so I can't wait!!

jr21m

Dec 27, 2007
Ja Ja, yeah, it was not only the heat (i.e. she could never dare to drive there).

Well, I have not contact with latins there, my friend who had already doesn't live in Bialystok, I asked her where can I find them and she just sent me this link:

Salsa :: Polski Portal Salsy

If you go to "forums" in this website, there's one in spanish only, in the last thread I think someone organize latin people meetings every wednesday to speak spanish and be themselves :)

By the way what are you doing in PL?

Leonorc

Jan 25, 2008
hi there, i'm in UK, so if you still interesting in son Platanos, icould post you somes, just let me know, free charge.