Help needed planning February Trip to North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

mszak50

Dec 9, 2007
Hi all -

I'm planning on heading to DR in February to do some surfing and fishing (both boat and surf) with a buddy. Neither of us has been to DR, but from what I can tell, Cabarete is the place to be for surfing, and we can catch boats out of Puerto Plata.

The perfect vacation would be staying in an inexpensive but clean hotel, spending the day on the water, eating dinner at good local restaurants, and topping it off with a cold brew at a local bar. Places that are little more "local" than "resorty" (is that a word?) would probably suit us best.

Anyone care to share some advice on where to stay, and what the "can't" miss dining (and other) experiences are?

Thanks (in advance)!

Mike

thelady

Dec 16, 2007
places to stay in cabarete

We stayed at a resort called "Camino del sol" it's about 10 minutes east of Cabarete with a free daily shuttle to Cabarete. There are some great little local resturants and bars really close to the hotel. Check out Charlie's bar and the Moonlight resturant and bar, there also is a little bar owned by some guys from Toronto, I can't remember the name but it was a fun place.
all in all we had a great "local" holiday.
hope you have a good time.
E-mail if you want more info on the area

Status
Not open for further replies.