Best Airlines that travel to DR

J

Jan

Traveling from Baltimore or Washington, DC to DR, which are the best airlines going to which airports?

D

DR1

You should choose your airport depending on your final destination, be it a city or a resort area. There are many airports in the DR, and many a tourist has found himself with a flight that puts him into an airport that is four hours drive away from where he is headed. Your easiest connections should be Miami and San Juan (Puerto Rico), but these only give you a chance of flying American Airlines. AA/American Eagle can put you into the Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, Santiago or La Romana airports. An alternative flight is Aeromar that flies into Santo Domingo and Punta Cana from Miami.

N

Natasha

American Airlines should offer the best connections and largest number of flights going to the DR. Unfortunately, this is not the best airline in terms of quality and service. If you are going to the North Coast, perhaps you can look into Continental, which is far better tha AA. Just my opinion.

Regards,
Natasha

A

Aimee

I would have to agree Continental is a much better airline. I purchased a ticket from Cleveland to Santo Domingo, and it was about 200 dollars cheaper than American Airlines. Continental has quite a few flights so you should be able to find one.
Aimee