Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dominican Inheritance Law

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, we'll have solicitors start that process then.

Is that 6% a proportion of our shares? Or of the total property value?

ie. do my brother and I owe 6% of our 25% each? Or do we owe 6% of the entire property value between us?

How is the property valued? Purchase value, or does someone have to pay for a valuation?

Thanks!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    Thanks, we'll have solicitors start that process then.

Is that 6% a proportion of our shares? Or of the total property value?

ie. do my brother and I owe 6% of our 25% each? Or do we owe 6% of the entire property value between us?

How is the property valued? Purchase value, or does someone have to pay for a valuation?

Thanks!
    I'd like to revive this thread seeing as my siblings and I are now going to have to pay inheritance tax from my moms passing 3 years ago. My dad is still alive and has just started the process to get all of this resolved. Mr. Guzman can you elaborate on the current inheritance law. We live in the US, therefore we will owe more taxes, how much more? Supposedly if papers were filed before February 8(which we did file) of this year the government was giving some sort of amnesty to siblings like us that had not declared the death of their parent and would waive the penalties imposed for late filing.

What are the attorney fees for this process?

Can we have our own appraisal completed or does it have to be ordered by the government?

Rocio

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345