Looking for Ball Games to see

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
I will be in the DR (Bavaro area) from Feb 16-March 22, 2008 and am wondering if anyone can advise me when, where, I can see a ball game - a post indicates there is a Series in January, but i wont be there then. I realize I will have to travel from Bavaro area but that is OK. I'd like to see a game of good caliber if possible. Thank you - any info appreciated, i.e. tickets, prices, etc.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the carribean series will be over by 16 Feb and most MLB players who played in the dominican winter league will be preparing for MLB training camps.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
S.O.L......

It's all over by then//

Come down a month earlier and do not go that far East!!

Go to Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata....

this year, IF you were to get here earlier, you would have to travel to San Pedro de Macoris to see a game. That's a two or three hour hike from where you will be staying...

HB

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Thank you all for your info. I will know for next year and plan dates/location accordingly. Thanks again.

Comedreja

Dec 27, 2006
I will be in the DR (Bavaro area) from Feb 16-March 22, 2008 and am wondering if anyone can advise me when, where, I can see a ball game - a post indicates there is a Series in January, but i wont be there then. I realize I will have to travel from Bavaro area but that is OK. I'd like to see a game of good caliber if possible. Thank you - any info appreciated, i.e. tickets, prices, etc.

You might be able to a see a minor league team play an intersquad practice game in San Pedro, Boca Chica, Villa Mella, or San Christobol, but that about it because you will arrive in between seasons. Also, unless your spanish is good, trying to find the complexes where the minor league teams play is really complicated. There are no maps that indicate where they are. Practically every major league team has a complex though, good luck.
http://www.dominicansummerleague.com/