Sofitel Zona Colonial - Guesy Friendly?

rsfl17

Jun 13, 2004
Hi All - I will be in Santo Domingo on business soon and prefer to stay in the Sofitel in the Zona Colonial. Is this hotel guest-friendly? I have never needed to find out, so I am not sure.

Thanks in advance,
RS

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Never have stayed there but have had lunch and dinner there many times.
I doubt it seriously.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
id

I'm sure that if they do permit guests there could be a fee and if they are Dominican they will have to leave their Cedula-identification at the desk.

If you want to bring guests why not try a smaller hotel where no one cares?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Never have stayed there but have had lunch and dinner there many times.
I doubt it seriously.

Talk what you know, which in this case you most certainly do not.

To the OP-yes, I've stayed there and they allow guests. If you need more info, send me a pm.

Johne, stop giving people false information. Let the people who know what they are talking about post replies. All you are doing is misleading people who need real information.

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
You mean el Sofitel Frances?? I stayed there and I don't think it's "guest friendly"

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Tied score-almost-

OK-2 yes,1no, 1 "I doubt it" and 1 OP asking.
Will be there in 2 weeks--I'll ask the desk and post along with the manager's name who answered the question.

john

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
OK-2 yes,1no, 1 "I doubt it" and 1 OP asking.
Will be there in 2 weeks--I'll ask the desk and post along with the manager's name who answered the question.

john

Don't bother with this rubbish. I'm sure (like always) you'll come up with a self-serving explanation as to how you were right.

So to the OP-do like I did, walk in with a chica, leave the cedula at the front desk. No problems. Oh, I forgot Johne-you don't like girls. So why should you care?:surprised

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I have no experience myself, but I have read on another forum, that they are guest friendly.