Women who fall for Sankies

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
We talk endlessly about sankies, but rarely about what drives women to fall for them. I have suggested previously that certain women psychologically set themselves up for this and are prime candidates when the opportunity knocks. The sankies can smell them a mile away.

How else can you explain why hundreds of thousands of women go to DR every year and are never even tempted, and other women go and walk right through that door.

I do not believe in coincidences.......

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
I think a lot of women who travel do so to escape things that may be bothering them back home. It's an escape in many senses of the word and so yes, they do open themselves up to different types of experiences.

Any respectable woman can become the KIND of woman who would fall for a sankie. I think the main thing is that women who are depressed and lack self esteem are generally the sort that fall for it.

So many things could cause them to feel that way.. abusive husband, family, loss of someone close to them, you name it!

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
At times we all feel lonely, we want to feel special and desirable. It's nice to hear someone say sweet things to you. Sometimes we delude ourselves because we are feeling so bad.... you don't want to hear.... the house needs to be painted or when are you going to lose weight or Brittney needs help with her homework....or your going out with the boys AGAIN???

Te amo mi amor... eres bonito/guapo is much more appealling

This is a different thread all together but remember men fall prey too.... for "different" same reasons

I'm tired of my nagging GF... she doesn't know how to treat me right... but these women down here are different. They know how to say the right things... they know how to treat a MAN right..... blah blah blah...... I haven't felt this good since......I'm not getting any YOUNGER why not??

.... and the same thing happens.... the man gets swept off of his feet.... just like a women would ....and in the end... it's all an act!

This is how it happens.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I have lived and visited many places and was never tempted - I can always tell when a guy is just hitting on me in order to use and get disgusted with the idea. I don't like being used. In the DR it was different. I guess I really needed to get over something. I was not there to fall in love or lust, the guy I talked to was not there for that either. I just needed to talk to and understand a Dominican man of more or less the same age and social standing as my ex lover. I never got to talk normally to him or even understand him - wanted to figure something out for myself and achieved it.

l3men2

Jan 2, 2008
People reffer to sankies as an specie when they are not , they are labeled sankies because they are to be found in the tourist areas but you could find the same guy in a regular neighbourhood, just that they are named tigueres and their skill have not been fully developed,once they hit the tourist areas is where they master their skills with practice.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I'm tired of my nagging GF... she doesn't know how to treat me right... but these women down here are different. They know how to say the right things... they know how to treat a MAN right..... blah blah blah...... I haven't felt this good since......I'm not getting any YOUNGER why not??

.... and the same thing happens.... the man gets swept off of his feet.... just like a women would ....and in the end... it's all an act!

This is how it happens.

The trick is to catch on to how long it takes for them to get sick and tired of you and then leave them for someone new. Usually this takes about 2 days.

But the mistake that most tourists make is they try to prolong a dead
situation by thinking that if they take care of their chica/sankie they will in turn be appreciative and more kind and loving.

The dominicans save their true devotion and love for their dominican mates, while the drama is all yours.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
People reffer to sankies as an specie when they are not , they are labeled sankies because they are to be found in the tourist areas but you could find the same guy in a regular neighbourhood, just that they are named tigueres and their skill have not been fully developed,once they hit the tourist areas is where they master their skills with practice.

You hit the nail on the head with this statement! I met lawyers, doctors, policemen, you name it, while living in the DR - not all, but most - portrayed many sankie traits, but just not in such an obvious way as the tourist area sankies.

Marlie

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
How else can you explain why hundreds of thousands of women go to DR every year and are never even tempted.....

perhaps they're not physically attractive, even for a sankie :ermm:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
marlie: you know they are here in the north as well.

we call them RKMFSTD's and found in most bars and night spots looking for a hit.

I am sure that is true, but not really being a "bar" person, I am a little out of the loop! ;)

BTW- what does RKMFSTD stand for?

Marlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
perhaps they're not physically attractive, even for a sankie :ermm:

Or the other way around.

Sankies know who to play it up for. They work with people all day long so they know who NOT to bother with and physical attractiveness has nothing to do with it.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Or the other way around.

Sankies know who to play it up for. They work with people all day long so they know who NOT to bother with and physical attractiveness has nothing to do with it.

You're giving them too much credit. They will talk to ANYONE and then see who responds. They only know who not to bother when they get shooed away. And sometimes even that won't get rid of them.

It reminds me a bit of those guys who hang around the tourist areas in Jamaica-sometimes all you have to do is make casual eye contact with them for a split second and next thing you know they are on top of you.

And the aggression is just part of the act. They think women really like it(well, I suppose SOME do). It reminds me of when I went to a place in The Cibao where people hang out by the river. As soon as you park your car, the guys soliciting customers for horseback rides surround the car with these animals and don't even give you space to open the door and get out.

And they do it to EVERY car that parks in the area. I have no idea where this manner of solicitation originated from, but it definitely has permeated other aspects of dominican life.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Or the other way around.

oh yes i agree it works both ways (always gotta agree with the moderator) :laugh:

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
I have to laugh that it is ALWAYS the man's fault. hehehehehe

A healthier woman would never have been attracted to such a person. In other words, you are both on the same psychological level of functioning.

Stop looking outward as the source of the problem and start examining your own inner processes.

J

John Evans

are they all sankies- for some its part of the job to chat up the ladies...its only when they start asking for things they become a sankie.That site could be quite libalous as there are a few people in some of the pictures

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Maybe this whole sankie thing is just a world that we will never understand, as there are so many different factors involved that I feel uncomfortable labeling either side as being worse than the other.

It may be very convenient to label all sankies as dirtbags or whatever, but the truth of the matter is we never really focus on the behavior of the women who consciously seek them out and how they behave when they are at these resorts.

I just do not think it is as cut and dry as some may want us to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Maybe this whole sankie thing is just a world that we will never understand, as there are so many different factors involved that I feel uncomfortable labeling either side as being worse than the other.

It may be very convenient to label all sankies as dirtbags or whatever, but the truth of the matter is we never really focus on the behavior of the women who consciously seek them out and how they behave when they are at these resorts.

I just do not think it is as cut and dry as some may want us to believe.

It's really quite simple.
A sanky does not sell sex, he is a scam artist.
He does it with subterfuge.
He lies and deceives.
That's why sankies are labeled as dirtbags.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's really quite simple.
A sanky does not sell sex, he is a scam artist.
He does it with subterfuge.
He lies and deceives.
That's why sankies are labeled as dirtbags.

Exactly,
you have to be a scam artist to pull something off for any length of time. Being a sincere and manipulative liar also goes a long way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.