Reward offered for missing Canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
The beach in this specifit part of Punta cana is somehow dangerous for anyone not experience, I was there about 2 years ago and someone almost drang, me and two other hotel guess help pull this person out of the water.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This is such an unfortunate incident.
I have been following this story on Lonely Planet's forum, and one of the posters says he/she was there at the time, and that those waters were extremely dangerous and red flagged, and Mr Quan, acted like a hero to go save another swimmer's life, sadly losing his own in doing so.
Clearly the family and friends feel that there will be no closure without recovering his body.
I do understand and sympathize completely, but I fear that the sea does not give back what she takes, and these poor folks are going to suffer for a long time, wondering.
May he rest in peace.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
You what the funny part about this is that the hotel seen like they don't care much about this, I remmenber one of the hotel workers telling me that "it was all inclusive but that did't mean that your dead was included too".

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You what the funny part about this is that the hotel seen like they don't care much about this, I remmenber one of the hotel workers telling me that "it was all inclusive but that did't mean that your dead was included too".
I have my opinions on the matter, but will keep them to myself for now, out of respect for the deceased's family and friends.
Clearly this is a devastating blow to them and they are not going to have an easy time with closure.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

It doesn't mean they don't care, black humour is often used to cope with stressful situations. Regarding the recovery of the body, I can't help but wonder if he's Muslim because Hadi is a name used in Persian and Arabic. He looks Persian to me, maybe Persian mother and Chinese father. Very sad, when my father died I never laid eyes on him again. (He went straight to a chiropractic college. :paranoid:) I used to have recurring dreams that he was still alive and had assumed a new identity.

Hadi Quan will probably be awarded a metal in Canada for his bravery, maybe that will bring a little comfort to his poor family.

This is such an unfortunate incident.
I have been following this story on Lonely Planet's forum, and one of the posters says he/she was there at the time, and that those waters were extremely dangerous and red flagged, and Mr Quan, acted like a hero to go save another swimmer's life, sadly losing his own in doing so.
Clearly the family and friends feel that there will be no closure without recovering his body.
I do understand and sympathize completely, but I fear that the sea does not give back what she takes, and these poor folks are going to suffer for a long time, wondering.
May he rest in peace.

Clearly there is nothing that we on these forums can do,

I had communications from a fishing charter Captain who was asked to assist on a holiday weekend when he had no crew working, not much he could or any of us can do, very sadly. Let's put the post to rest and hope the body is found so the family can have some closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.