To all Dominicans in Grand Rapids, MI

jessann116

Dec 31, 2007
I am part of a non profit, Building Bridges of Hope, which has teamed up with a Dominican foundation out of the Elias Pina region of the DR. We have a chapter of Building Bridges of Hope in Grand Rapids. This chapter is looking into fundraising ideas as the Dominican foundation is in need of $$ to continue medical clinics, schools, community libraries, pharmacies, etc.

Currently we are looking into throwing a Dominican style dinner, complete with authentic Dominican dishes and hopefully salsa/merengue/bachata dancing afterward.

I would love to connect with some Dominicans in the Grand Rapids, MI area that would be interested in helping out with this fundraiser. Honestly, I don't know the first thing about authentic Dominican cooking and while I like to think that I can merengue pretty well, I could never be compared to a Dominican. I have been told that there is a group/club/society of Dominicans in the GR area but I have not been able to get in contact with them. Any help that can be offered with cooking, helping teach how to dance, giving those that are donating a glimpse into the Domincan culture, etc. would be wonderful. If you are interested or simply want more information feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you!
Jess

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Fund Raising Idea

You might want to buy a couple of these award winning books and hold a dollar raffle or auction for them. Should be able to raise quite a bit of money.
JOHN