few questions bout the OCC grand PC

jasonn230

Jan 6, 2008
Hola to all,this site rocks!

my main question is I want a room with two beds as myself and a friend are staying there and we are both straight single young men,travel agent said the JR deluxe we have comes with either one queen or 2 doubles,is there a way to guarntee the double beds and would offering front desk staff a few bucks help if we're told no?

by the way we arrive this friday the 11th ,anyone else on here gona be around that week.

Thanks,

Jay

jasonn230

Jan 6, 2008
thanks for the reply ,is she the manager?

also does anyone how far a walk the captain cooks seafood resturant is from the OCC?

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
hey!!! we requested 2 beds at the time of booking and received them. awesome resort! HAVE FUN!

Sany

Oct 2, 2007
I went to Mangu Nov 2007 on 3 seperate nights. There were a lot of Dominicans- both male and female. No issues, at all.

Enjoy. BTW, A lot of reggaeton and hip-hop if that's what you are looking for.

jasonn230

Jan 6, 2008
i had an awsome trip,didnt get us two beds but they gave us a cot,i probly could have kept trying til i got a new room but i wasnt there much anyway,resort was real nice,never had to walk far for a cold drink!beach and pool were great,food ok,drinks--awsome!! mangu was pretty fun,hated paying for drinks on an AI vaca though,it was a good club met lots of cool ppl from DR and other countries around the world,only thing was, about ..well allmost every local gal i chatted up wanted money for sex,now im not a bad looking guy and fare well in most clubs in canada..is this normal?

jasonn230

Jan 6, 2008
oh and we made it captain cooks,we just jumped a taxi there and jumped on with some dudes on bikes for a lift back,,the food was pretty darn good,being from the east i know good sea food!it was all bbqd which was different but till damn tasty,would recomend,just a little pricey though.

its cool how you can get just about anywhere around PC by just jumping on some random motorbike and toss the guy a few hundred pasos and theyll take you there,one fellow i met outside mngu even let me take his bike for a burn,not a good idea on my part considering i had been drunk all day and night but it was a blast!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i had an awsome trip,didnt get us two beds but they gave us a cot,i probly could have kept trying til i got a new room but i wasnt there much anyway,resort was real nice,never had to walk far for a cold drink!beach and pool were great,food ok,drinks--awsome!! mangu was pretty fun,hated paying for drinks on an AI vaca though,it was a good club met lots of cool ppl from DR and other countries around the world,only thing was, about ..well allmost every local gal i chatted up wanted money for sex,now im not a bad looking guy and fare well in most clubs in canada..is this normal?

hey Jason,
looks like you guyss did it the right way,leave the resort and just have fun everywhere.
to your Mangu Ladies,
they ask you for money because it is hard to find a local male or female there which is not a hooker. the very most local workers could not efford to pay the drinks there.
but that does not mean there are no exceptions.
the motorbike guys who gave you your rides for a few 100's pesos are called Motoconchos, they are motorbike taxis, a typical dominican publi transportation for short distances or to areas where the public bus does not enter, and of course for nighttime when the public bus does not operate, for most rides within the bavaro area you pay 30-50.- pesos per ride per passenger, during nighttime they take usually a 20 pesos extra, so of course for your couple 100's the guy let you his bike.
sounds funny, but should be done carefully(better not done), not only because you been partying/drinking all day long, you also would not be covered by any insurance.
have fun
Mike