What does "deslindar" mean?

cocoleka

Sep 7, 2007
Greetings.

I am in the process of purchasing a small property and have been told that a new law makes it necessary to 'deslindar' the property.

Can anyone enlighten me about what this means?

Many Thanks!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
A deslinde is more than just a survey. It is an official determination by the Land Court that a property has a certain physical location. It involves the following steps:

a) The owner contracts with the surveyor to do the deslinde.
b) The surveyor petitions the Land Court to authorize the deslinde.
c) Once this authorization is obtained, the surveyor proceeds to submit the plot plan he has previously made to the General Surveyor's Section of the Land Court for approval.
d) The plot plan must be submitted with a letter from the owner acknowledging that the plan is correct.
e) The General Surveyor's Section reviews and approves or rejects the plan submitted by the surveyor.
f) If approved, the Land Court issues a second authorization ordering the Registrar of Titles to issue a new title to the owner.
g) The Registrar of Titles issues a new title.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I too am in the process of getting a deslinda. I am told it take 6 months and 45,000 RD here in POP. I have contacted DR1 reps as well as Guzman, and others with no repsonse. Finailly I found I a guy here in POP 2 weeks ago. Gave him half up front and am waiting to hear back from him.