Villas Princesa, Bavaro

Sany

Oct 2, 2007
Has anyone heard of/stayed at the Villas Princesa in Bavaro? If so, please share your experiences. TY.

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
I am booked for there in February - however, I have never stayed there before, so will welcome any info also. Only thing I know is that I saw them on the internet quite a few years ago, so know they have been around for a bit.....Hope they are nice.

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Oh Thank You Tracy - the photos give me a good idea of what to expect. I know it is not a new complex but looks very nice. We are not overly fussy, just want something clean and safe. We have rented the 2 bedroom and I believe that is on the top floor. Thanks again for your info.

bluenose2

Jan 12, 2008
hello there tracy..i am looking for some info on the villas princesa..i am going there in february with bluenose! for five weeks,,ur picutres are great ,,did you eat at the jellyfish thats one spot we are planning on trying,,,also whats all in the apt,,such as iron? toaster? screens on the windows and doors? and what did you do for beach chairs and laundry services,,also a cell phone did you rent one while there? tks for the help we are to excited! this is our 8th time there,,we just love it...bluenose2

Sany

Oct 2, 2007
Thanks Tracy, the pictures look great. Is there anything else you would like to share?

Sany

Oct 2, 2007
Bluenose,

Please let me know how much they are charging and let me know once you get back, your experiences. Oh, and have lots of fun...

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
hello there tracy..i am looking for some info on the villas princesa..i am going there in february with bluenose! for five weeks,,ur picutres are great ,,did you eat at the jellyfish thats one spot we are planning on trying,,,also whats all in the apt,,such as iron? toaster? screens on the windows and doors? and what did you do for beach chairs and laundry services,,also a cell phone did you rent one while there? tks for the help we are to excited! this is our 8th time there,,we just love it...bluenose2

Hi Bluenose & Bluenose2

I am so jealous that you get to go for 5 weeks!

I have never been to Jellyfish to eat, I have only walked past it a few times.
Soles is another restaurant on the beach near by and the Bamboo Bar. They have really good pizza there.

I have stayed here twice in the one bedroom only. Each time they have been very clean, and I have always felt safe there. They do have a "watchman" at the gated entrance that they close every night. Even during the day one of my friends came for a visit, and they almost didn't let her in because she didn't have my apartment number.

They apartment's have the bare necessities. There was no iron or toaster. The one bedroom only has 2 burners on the counter top. The two bedroom I looked in did have a small oven. To me it would be worth getting the two bedroom for that reason. They do have towels, but they were very thin.
I always take a few extra towels and beach towles. There were no floor rugs in the bathroom, so I always ended up using towels on the floor and in the bedroom to help with the sand. so if you have the room, that may be a good item to take.

I usually always also take some cheap kitchen utensils for cooking and a cheap can opener. I always leave them in the apartment, so they may still be there. Also an alarm clock.

I do think they had screens, but it has now been a few years since I have stayed there.

For the beach chairs...just do not use the one's at the Ocean Bavaro right next door, you will be ran off! I do usually take a floatie to use, and that works fine.

I have only stayed there for a week at a time, so I don't know about any laundry service other than a little hand washing in the sink.

I do not own a cell phone, but when I was there last July I stayed for 10 nights and just bought a used phone for $15.00 with 300 minutes. But that was in Higuey. I do know that there is a phone place close to the apartment, but I have never used it.

If I left anything out, just ask again.... I hope this will help you out.

Tracy