Express Bus Service?Punta Cana?Sto. Domingo

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The following is the express bus schedule from the Punta Cana / Bavaro area to Santo Domingo and return. EXPRESO BAVARO a.k.a. Bavaro Santo Domingo Express as of January 2008. At this time the fare to Sto. Domingo from Sitrabapu / Friusa station is 300 pesos*, the fare from the station near the airport should be about the same and the fare from Beron should be less.

The buses are comfortable with a/c. There is storage space for luggage. There is a comfort stop in La Romana. Travel time to Sto. Domingo is about 3.5 - 4 hours depending on time of day and traffic conditions.

Stations:
Estacion Sitrabapu, (Bavaro)
Carr. Coco Loco Riu in front of Friusa, Tel. 809-552-1678

Estacion Beron (Veron)
Hotel Flor del Sol, near the Beron (Veron) crossroads Tel. 809-455-1473

Estacion Punta Cana (airport)
Parada (bus stop) Punta Cana, near the Punta Cana airport. No phone listed.

Estacion Sto. Domingo
Juan Sanchez Ramirez No. 31, near the corner with Avenida Maximo Gomez
Tel. 809-682-9670

Bus Schedules:

Bavaro ? Sto. Domingo; 7:00 am, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm
Sto. Domingo ? Bavaro; 7:00 am, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm

Beron ? Sto. Domingo; 7:00 am, 8:00 am 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm
Sto.Domingo ? Beron; 7:00 am, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm

Punta Cana (airport) ? Sto. Domingo; 8:00 am
Sto. Domingo ? Punta Cana; 2:55 pm

Note: It is less than ten minutes from the Punta Cana airport to Beron/Veron, should you miss the 8:00 am bus from the station near the airport, and you can take a taxi US $15* to Beron to acquire the express bus service from Beron for the 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm departures.

If you are going to the Punta Cana airport from Sto.Domingo, of course you take the the 2:55 pm bus. At any other time you can use any one of the other bus routes and ask the driver to drop you off in Beron at the Beron Taxi station to acquire a taxi US $15* to the airport.

Regards,
PJT

*fares are subject to change at any time.

Reactions: Rocky
Feb 7, 2007
It doesn't make sense for a bus from PUJ apt to SD to leave at 8 am. There are no flights arriving early so I wonder who would be the passangers? Are you sure the departure from PUJ to SD is not at 8 PM? That would make much more sense as most of the tourist flights, especially from Europe, arrive around 5-6 pm...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
It doesn't make sense for a bus from PUJ apt to SD to leave at 8 am. There are no flights arriving early so I wonder who would be the passangers? Are you sure the departure from PUJ to SD is not at 8 PM? That would make much more sense as most of the tourist flights, especially from Europe, arrive around 5-6 pm...

That's the schedule they've had for over a year and the bus almost always leaves full. It's used more by locals than by tourists.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Yes, an 8:00 PM departure does make some sense for the tourists having late afternoon flight arrivals, if it were a short bus trip. However, departing Punta Cana at 8:00 PM would make bus arrival in Santo Domingo between the 11:00 pm and 12:00 midnight hours, not a good time.

Regards,
PJT

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Traveling in direction from SD to PC, would it be possible to board this but at the underpass stop at the autopista at Las Americas?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Traveling in direction from SD to PC, would it be possible to board this but at the underpass stop at the autopista at Las Americas?

My experience and knowledge of this "express" bus is there are no boardings at the underpass, sindicate rules. One has to go into Santo Domingo to the terminal at Juan Sanchez Ramirez to board.

Regards,
PJT

on the road again

Jun 26, 2008
Thanks for posting this, PJT. It's really useful. I'm assuming the bus is still running?

Do you (or does anyone) know if the bus heading to PC airport from SD goes right into the airport? Or would you have to hike in with your bags, and if so, how far? We'll be leaving the DR after 6 months here in Santo Domingo (and yes, we have to leave via PC airport), so probably will have the full 40 kilos between us.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i did not use them since a longer while, but iam a bit confused about the locations for the same bus to drive by.
their main station is at the sitrabapu head office at the crossing of friusa, right, no doubt on that.
but there's no station near the PUJ airport.
the next one of sitrabapu from the airport is up in Veron(yes, named punta cana side on this side of the main crossing), maybe that's the one which is meant, so from friusa they take the longer route to pass there before they do an other stop in Veron and finally start the run to st dgo.
coming from punta cana(the area of the airport) my family members like myself(but for myself a while ago) prefer to take the regular bus which stops right at the entrance(mainroad) of the airport PUJ to higuey(every 20minutes all day long) and there the expresso to st dgo, departing every full hour, not just 4 times a day and arriving much faster finally, due to much less stops than the expresso bavaro-santo domingo takes.
rate for the transfer comes to the same.
Mike

on the road again

Jun 26, 2008
Okay, now I'm pretty confused. I thought the original poster was saying there was a bus that left Santo Domingo for the Punta Cana airport at 2:55 from Maximo Gomez. I was just trying to find out how close to the airport that would drop you. I'll try calling the station here in Santo Domingo, but I was sort of hoping to get confirmation from someone local as to where exactly the bus would drop you -- at the airport, just inside, just outside?

Ola, PJT, are you out there??

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Please be aware that almost a year passed by between the first post in this thread and now.

on the road again

Jun 26, 2008
Yes, I did notice that.

But PJT's still active on these forums, and a bus from Santo Domingo to the Punta Cana airport direct or quasi-direct would be a useful thing to know about for a lot of folks I know here, so I think it's worth trying to track down the info. If anyone knows anything, please shout out, and I'll continue trying to get through to the bus station here.

on the road again

Jun 26, 2008
Right, according to the bus station here, there are actually two buses that go daily to Punta Cana, one at 8:00, one at 15:00, 300 pesos, same-day purchase, and the bus leaves you opposite the airport (about 75-100 metres walk) into the terminals. If that doesn't prove to be the case, I'll let everyone know...