Where can I buy American flags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I can't answer your question on the availability of American flags in the DR, but I am curious to know what the intended purpose of the flags are?

If you are planning on putting them up in your yard, would you not be calling attention to yourself as an outsider, which could open up a whole new can of beans for you?

I could be totally off the mark here as I am assuming that you live in the country and that you are expats.

I jusk know for myself when I was living there, I did everything in my power not to stand out in the Dominican community where I lived as then I would be a target for those who thought all ex-pats were wealthy and easy targets for thievery etc.

Marlie

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks Marlie, you bring up a good point. The flags are not for me but for a friend in Sosua who is having a BIG SUPERBOWL party and ask me to look out for a flag or two. It would be used inside his home and only seen by the invited guess's.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Marlie, you bring up a good point. The flags are not for me but for a friend in Sosua who is having a BIG SUPERBOWL party and ask me to look out for a flag or two. It would be used inside his home and only seen by the invited guess's.
I'd say that they are near impossible to find.
I have never seen one anywhere in the country (for sale) as long as I've lived here.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Universo De Banderas
Av W Churchill 107
Santo Domingo
(809) 563-2899

It's at the bottom of Churchill close to JFK if my memory serves me right.

Aug 21, 2007
I have one here, still in the package. I brought it here, but then thought better of putting it up. Phil and Jerry, shoot a PM my way and we can work something out.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have one here, still in the package. I brought it here, but then thought better of putting it up. Phil and Jerry, shoot a PM my way and we can work something out.
This just goes to show that life's all about timing.
There are times that folks (specially newbies) who would give anything to have two ready to go giant watchdogs like those two.
It's so darn hard to get adult good dogs, that can put the fear of God into any would be burglar.
And here we are, one week into this, and not a single bite.
If I had a house somewhere that needed protecting, those dogs would be my ideal choice.
I know how mastiffs are.
They are gentle giants, and you don't have to worry about them attacking someone for no good reason, nor will they hurt the dumbass midget dog that lives next door, that keeps on biting them on their back legs, yet when it comes time for action, they are all but unstoppable.
As sure as I am sitting here, in the next few months, someone will be telling me.
"I wish I had known about them".
They're exactly what I need."

And anyone who tells me that 2 big dogs are too expensive to feed, must not be able to afford the house they live in.
Besides, there's no price on your life.

Man...... I wish I could take them.

Aug 21, 2007
Marco-

It's the FLAGS that are still in the package, not the DOGS!!! Ha, ha. You wrote a wonderful reply, but mistakenly put it on the wrong thread!

Good to see that even you can make a mistake. I had thought you were almost perfect!

Lindsey

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Marco-

It's the FLAGS that are still in the package, not the DOGS!!! Ha, ha. You wrote a wonderful reply, but mistakenly put it on the wrong thread!

Good to see that even you can make a mistake. I had thought you were almost perfect!

Lindsey

LOL I read and re-read Marcos' post trying to figure out what he was talking about and what was I missing here -then remembered your post about the dogs and realized that he must have put his reply in the wrong thread!!

That is okay though - I apparantly had food on my mind when I wrote the following in this thread:

If you are planning on putting them up in your yard, would you not be calling attention to yourself as an outsider, which could open up a whole new can of beans for you?

I meant WORMS!! LMAO

Glad that someone can help you out Phil & Gerry.

Marlie

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Keep in mind that you are supposed to have the country's national flag ABOVE (higher up than) a foreign flag. Question of respect and courtesy and proper international flag protocol.
Especially since you are prepared to raise the flag of a country where it has become fashionable to regard the pulling up of a foreign flag as a "declaration of war" (CNN no so long ago).

I think you could find cheap printed nylon flags on-line and have them sent over here using one of the currier services, as they wouldn't be too expensive. At the same source you will most likely find "fan" flags of the teams playing the super bowl (maybe also sensed as less of a national statement).

... J-D.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks J-D. I am and will be very respectful of any and every country I'm in regarding proper display of any all flags.

Thanks to everyone else for their help and comments on this.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.