looking for baseball tickets

Demigoddess Cary

Jan 14, 2008
I will be in the DR - Cabarette Beach from the 1st of Feb - 15, I am looking to purchase tickets to the Caribbean series, would perfer an afternoon game. I see there is games at 3:00 pm. I would like to purchase 4 - 5 tickets, if anyone can put me in touch with someone. thanks Cary

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I can guarantee you that if you go to the stadium in the morning you will get whatever you want from the scalpers. If you want the best seats, look for Palco. This is closest to the field and not in the outfield.

A,AA,AAA in order are closest to the field.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For the Finals of the DR League you can get very good seats for about 1500rd. apiece.

I would think this would be the same. Only if the DR is not playing they will be giving the seats away.

Comedreja

Dec 27, 2006
Hola Sky; any idea of what they may cost?

The bleachers are only $100 pesos RD, which is about $3 US. However, you have to buy them the day of the game and lines are crazy. There is no civilized way about it. You have to push and shove so that people do not cut you. Bring your football or hockey pads and you will be alright.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Don't bother with the lines, etc. Just buy them from scalpers. Last night the RD$100 tickets were being sold for RD$100. Even if you pay RD$200 its much easier that way. I had someone wait in line and apparently it got quite violent; the guy who got my tickets got cut.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are plentyof seats available. Just ask for Preferencia....if youwait until game time the price goes down.

HB

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
judging from the games i saw on TV this weekend, there are indeed plenty of seats available. mexico and venezuela doesn't look like much competition either. oh well, let's look forward to the dominican teams in the final....

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The scalpers are asking RD500 for the bleacher seats and US70 for the "Palco" seats, which are all the seats which aren't bleacher seats. The prices should go down at the start of the game or shortly after. The ticket office prices are RD100 and US25-30 for the referenced tickets.

steveo

Dec 18, 2007
tickets for Tuesday?s games

I am in DR and boughttickets for thewhole series. i have gone to all of the games so far, and it has been great.

i will take tuesday off. the seats are behind first base; section R1, row G, seats 7 and 8. i will bein those seats today, so if you are today?s games and want tobuy them stop by and see Steve.

otherwise, i am staying in costambar. if you are in puerto plata and we can meet tuesday morning, respond to this mail and we will see what we can do.

when i get home toa good computer, i will write up myobservations and share them with you. thecontrasts to US baseball are significant

steveo

Dec 18, 2007
tickets

one other comment -- the tickets forthe series are for the day, not for each game, so the $30 US ticekts I have are for both games Tuesday..

terrific location