Miguel Tejada

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Looks like he's in the cross hairs of the U.S. Dept. of Justice for "making false statements to Congressional investigators".

Not good.

I suspect this whole steroid thing is gonna get a lot uglier before it goes away.

House Panel Asks Justice Dept. to Investigate Tejada

That being said, I'm glad the guy is helping to pull the Aguilas out of the mud...:cheeky:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
since he's traded to the Astros, he's closer to the border of Mexico in Texas and closer to his steroids :ermm:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
If in fact he used the roids, he should be administered penalty for lying to investigators. But then again, is he a US citizen? If not, he's not under any civil obligation to testify before a congressional hearing that makes it abundantly clear that such hearings are not binding to non-citizens 100%...

It's just the same if a US citizen should get called before a hearing by the DR's congress and lies about the testimony given...

But to me the most important thing is to clear the cloud that still hovers over the players and baseball in general... I think that violators should be fired and banned from MLB for life! Any records made by those same people should be erased from the books and no trace, other than a remark as a footnote given to history about the banned players and not their numbers...

We have to send a clear message to our youth, that drugs are not going to be tolerated any less than a drug dealer is not allowed to go unpunished by Law...

MLB is now having the ball on their side of the field, should they just wave the player to safety or have the ball(s) to make the out, is up to them...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
If in fact he used the roids, he should be administered penalty for lying to investigators. But then again, is he a US citizen? If not, he's not under any civil obligation to testify before a congressional hearing that makes it abundantly clear that such hearings are not binding to non-citizens 100%...

It's just the same if a US citizen should get called before a hearing by the DR's congress and lies about the testimony given...
I imagine he could permanently lose his visa if he's not a U.S. citizen.

Seems to me he has an incentive to cooperate...IF he didn't lie.

Talk about the devil and the deep blue sea...:paranoid:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Talk about having a bad day.

Later in the day, Tejada learned that his older brother, Freddy Manuel, had died in a motor vehicle accident when the motorcycle he was riding collided with a sport utility vehicle in Bani, a city in the southern part of their native Dominican Republic.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
with respect to Tejeda, the checks are very damaging info as well as the discussion of his drug use in the Mitchell.
i believe that all the finger pointing should cease if noone has pertinent info.
it's a case of "he said, he said"......

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
with respect to Tejeda, the checks are very damaging info as well as the discussion of his drug use in the Mitchell.
i believe that all the finger pointing should cease if noone has pertinent info.
it's a case of "he said, he said"......

Yes, this looks very incriminating.

As far as Tejada lying to the grand jury, if you break a law as an illegal immigrant in the States, you can still go to jail.

What I have noticed about Tejada in the last couple of years I have seen him play here in Santiago is that his power production is way down. I also feel bad for Palmeiro, because now there is a possibility that he was telling the truth.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
The streoid investigations are a lot of hearsay. Taking roids is illegal, but it wasn't a banned substance a few years ago. There really isn't any proof- a his word vs. my word type of thing that really won't go anywhere. Doesn't congress havwe anything better to do, like end the senseless war in Iraq?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Yes, this looks very incriminating.

As far as Tejada lying to the grand jury, if you break a law as an illegal immigrant in the States, you can still go to jail.

What I have noticed about Tejada in the last couple of years I have seen him play here in Santiago is that his power production is way down. I also feel bad for Palmeiro, because now there is a possibility that he was telling the truth.

I highly doubt that Palmeiro was telling the truth. If some one is sticking a needle in my a$$, I'm going to know what is in that needle. Another thing I'm not going to let just anyone stick a needle in me. You better be a doctor or a nurse.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
The streoid investigations are a lot of hearsay. Taking roids is illegal, but it wasn't a banned substance a few years ago. There really isn't any proof- a his word vs. my word type of thing that really won't go anywhere. Doesn't congress havwe anything better to do, like end the senseless war in Iraq?

If steroids is illegal doesn't that make it a banned substance. Sorry to dispute there is more proof than hearsay. There were checks that some of these dopes wrote to the guys giving them the steroids. Leave the war out of this topic, it has no relavance.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

Apparently you didn't read the report nor this thread well, they have copies of checks Tejada sent to a known steroid supplier, among other things.

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
you might be right! But generally, it is just that though.

Isn't that enough?

BTW, I think people are really loosing sight of the issues here. The players who used steriods when they weren't banned by baseball aren't in trouble for that, BUT for lying to a Federal Grand jury.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Isn't that enough?

BTW, I think people are really loosing sight of the issues here. The players who used steriods when they weren't banned by baseball aren't in trouble for that, BUT for lying to a Federal Grand jury.
Exactly...

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
You what?

I also feel bad for Palmeiro, because now there is a possibility that he was telling the truth.

How is that possible?

He lied and cheated.

He also stole a Gold Glove. I've seen him park in restricted areas as well. I once saw him trim his cheesy mustache over the soup buffet table at Dennys.

I'm all for capital punishment.

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Isn't that enough?

yes but lying to a grand jury may get you a perjury charge. who's worried about that :ermm:
perjury is very hard to prove without evidence...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
yes but lying to a grand jury may get you a perjury charge. who's worried about that :ermm:
perjury is very hard to prove without evidence...
Testimony is evidence if the jury believes it. Ask Bill Clinton or Scooter Libby. Folks are convicted in Federal court all the time for making false statements.

When the Feds come calling, it's serious. One better ask for an attorney than make false statements.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Like checks? What else would they need....seriously??

i would call it circumstantial..remember the guy stated he didn't actually see him use it so at this point he would be guilty of buying steriods not using them...

i know we're just splitting hairs...