Coming to PoP Soon, Beisbol ?s

Tache

Feb 17, 2003
This is a note that I sent to "planner", but she hasn't seemed to have been on the board since I sent it. Can anyone else help out? I'm hoping to be able to finalize bookings tomorrow. I realize that this forum may only address the baseball "q"s - which are pretty important on their own, especially the haggling part (as my second language is french, not spanish, and I'm not even completely bi-lingual in french). As a point of reference (or simple curiosity), we're traveling from the west coast of Canada.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hola,

I've read a number of your posts and wondered if you could help us. We are just about to book two weeks for the end of January beginning of February and have three questions.

The exact dates depend on which hotel we choose, due to availability. We've narrowed it down to Gran Ventana and IB Costa Dorado (If we go to the IB we would only be arriving Feb 5th, leaving only two days for baseball possibilities - which would be enough if we could be sure to get tickets).

While we are there, we would like to get in a Caribbean Series game or two (my companion is a baseball fanatic - and I like it too). We are concerned about how to arrange for tickets. I also understand you were working on getting a shuttlebus organized.

So my questions:
Currently, which of the hotels would you say is better in terms of food, tennis facilities, snorkeling off the beach and overall atmosphere?

I notice from the google earth images that both hotels appear to have drainage outflows at the edge of the properties (the western side of IB and the eastern side of Gran V). Are there any issues with unpleasant smells or excessive mosquitos at these locations?

Would you be able to arrange baseball tickets for the two of as well as the shuttlebus arrangements? Failing that, provide assistance in negotiating with the ticket sellers outside the stadium (my Spanish is enough to ask for simple things, but not serious haggling - lol!).

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This is a note that I sent to "planner", but she hasn't seemed to have been on the board since I sent it. Can anyone else help out? I'm hoping to be able to finalize bookings tomorrow. I realize that this forum may only address the baseball "q"s - which are pretty important on their own, especially the haggling part (as my second language is french, not spanish, and I'm not even completely bi-lingual in french). As a point of reference (or simple curiosity), we're traveling from the west coast of Canada.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hola,

I've read a number of your posts and wondered if you could help us. We are just about to book two weeks for the end of January beginning of February and have three questions.

The exact dates depend on which hotel we choose, due to availability. We've narrowed it down to Gran Ventana and IB Costa Dorado (If we go to the IB we would only be arriving Feb 5th, leaving only two days for baseball possibilities - which would be enough if we could be sure to get tickets).

While we are there, we would like to get in a Caribbean Series game or two (my companion is a baseball fanatic - and I like it too). We are concerned about how to arrange for tickets. I also understand you were working on getting a shuttlebus organized.

So my questions:
Currently, which of the hotels would you say is better in terms of food, tennis facilities, snorkeling off the beach and overall atmosphere?

I notice from the google earth images that both hotels appear to have drainage outflows at the edge of the properties (the western side of IB and the eastern side of Gran V). Are there any issues with unpleasant smells or excessive mosquitos at these locations?

Would you be able to arrange baseball tickets for the two of as well as the shuttlebus arrangements? Failing that, provide assistance in negotiating with the ticket sellers outside the stadium (my Spanish is enough to ask for simple things, but not serious haggling - lol!).

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated!

Planner can help you with the transportation, try sending her an email.

As far as the tickets go I would suspect that she does not have any available, but I could be wrong. Not to worry, they can be bought outside of the stadium during game day. See the Carribbean Series thread for more info about prices.