Flying dog into El Catey

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Has anyone flown a dog into El Catey (AZS)? If so, is there an official health officer there to check papers etc. so that it's easy to get through customs. With so little traffic I wonder if there is someone there for all arrivals. We've come through STI before but not El Catey. Thanks for the info.

dahlia

Nov 21, 2006
Flying a dog to El Catey

Hi, if you do not get any answer on this forum, you surely should have a correct answer from the airline you'll choose : they would not take the risk of having a dog on board without being sure there will be no problem at destination. Ask them, I am sure you'll have all info.

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
I will find out

I have a couple of friends that work there,give me a day and I will try to find out.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
On Arrival

...you surely should have a correct answer from the airline you'll choose...
How would an airline employee in a civilized country know what awaits a passenger in the DR???

Janin

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
I have a couple of friends that work there,give me a day and I will try to find out.
Thanks, I'd appreciate any info you can give me. There is so little going on at El Catey that they should know if there is someone who checks on animals coming in. I checked with AA and they have assured me that American Eagle will take the dog kennel (hopefully with dog) from San Juan. If I have a health certificate with an international stamp I think I'll be OK, of course it will be in English...so maybe not. I'll bring some RD$ too.

dahlia

Nov 21, 2006
sending a dog

How would an airline employee in a civilized country know what awaits a passenger in the DR???

Janin

Just because it's their job to know how things happen to be at destination, mainly re sending a dog !!!They do normally have correspondants at destination if they send a plane there, don't they ??

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
Hello,
My friend says there are the poeple at customs there.He works again on Monday and will get more info,but as long as your paperwork is in place you should'nt have any troubles.I will post again when I hear more.
Dave

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Thanks Dave. I appreciate your help. In other airports there are officials from the Dept. of Agriculture that do some checking of documents on the way out of the country, I assume that they check docs on the way in also. Over the years we have brought two unfortunate beach dogs back to the States but this time we're bringing one back for a sun and fun vacation plus a little guard duty.

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
no problems

Talked with my friend today,you will have no problems as long as you have all your paperwork from the vet.There is a $10 fee for something, I don't remember the name.But other than that you will have no troubles.
Enjoy your trip.
Dave

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Thanks Dave, Sounds good. He got his certs today, I think we're all set.

And CC...we never fly over the wings, more forward if possible. It's a great very quiet way to go!