What do you want on your tombstone?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
In the thread about why ex-pats came here, cobraboy says what he would want on his tombstone. In a very past life I used to interview students who wanted to do an MBA. As well as all the usual questions, to try and find out a bit more about them I would ask: 'What do you want on your tombstone?' and 'What do you think of, first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up?'. The answers can be very revealing!!! So I will kick off.

On my tombstone I want: 'She made a difference.' and first thing I think of in the morning is: "must feed the cats" as there are 9 of them miaowing at the side of the bed for breakfast.

Ok over to you guys......

Matilda

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Please place on my tombstone the same that is on the one at the end of Lonesdove. First thought in the morning, what a beautiful day. thanks for asking

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Pepperoni and cheese, please?

Oh, you mean not THAT tombstone?

I'd rather be cremated and my ashes scattered in the middle of the ocean on a hot and sunny day!!!

You can remember me every time you see the sun shining!!!

That's how I want to be remembered....Don't cry or bring me flowers...you should have done that when I was alive...thank you! ;)

MQ

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
What happened to the other part of the OP's question, i.e. first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Oh, yeah...started thinking of a beautiful sunny day in DR, and lost track of the OP...

First thing I think of in the morning...

"God, thank you for another day...and for taking care of us...making us the head and not the tail...and for providing everything we need for today"

Seriously, that's the first thing that pops into my head as soon as I open my eyes...EVERY DAY!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
"To the woman I WAS married to ...........

I now know EXACTLY how you felt when you were alive!"

First thing I think of every morning ........... Am I awake yet or is this still a lovely dream? ~ Grahame.

Stevegb

Jan 19, 2008
Don't take it too seriously; you're never gonna get through it alive.

Post crack of noon thought~I knew the room would stop spinning!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSgb

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
'Dame otra fria'...Give me another cold one

'Hoy puede ser un gran dia'.. today can be a great day..

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Grahame...that's NOT nice...but it IS very funny!!!! :):):)
I did say the woman I WAS married to, that didn't mean the one who is presently enjoying my company!! :cheeky: ;)

There would be a WHOLE new set of epitaphs for 'She Who must be Obeyed'!:paranoid:! Probably not best to put those up yet as I would like to be fed a few more times before I pass on to the new world! :ermm: ~ Grahame.
(Wait for the responses folks - I am BOUND to get it in the neck from U-KNOW-who!!) :eek: :squareeye