Detailed directions RSJ - Caribe Tours POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlove88

Aug 12, 2005
Would someone be willing to give me detailed directions to the Caribe Tours station in POP from Rio San Juan? I have to drop off our rental car there because they wouldn't let me drop off in Sosua. I am 100% on getting into POP via Route 5, it is just once I am in POP I might get mixed up.

Also, buses leave from POP to Santo Domingo every hour, including weekends, correct? And the trip is about 4 hours?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
According to their website buses go 6:00 am 7:00 8:00 9:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 midday 1:00 pm 2:00 3:00 4:00 5:00 6:00 7:00. Trip is about 3.5 hours now but allow 4 for traffic holdups etc. Bus stops in Santiago so don't think you've arrived in SD early!

Caribe Tours C. Por A.
In Puerto Plata Caribe Tours is on Calle Camino Real, near the corner with Jose Eugenio Kunhardt Street Tel. 809-586-4544.

If you're entering PP from direction of Playa Dorada, continue on Luis Ginebra which becomes 12 de Julio all the way to the centre of town; you then need to make a left turn away from the sea and towards the mountain. Go past Parque Central, down small hill, left and then a right at end of which is Puente Guineo & Camino Real. If you don't know where you're going your nearest well known landmark is Silverio Messon supermarket. Once you pass this on your right keep going towards the mountain; you will come to a set of traffic lights (if they're working) look up. A lot of traffic will veer to left (large size left turn) but you go straight ahead making sure you are on left hand side of your half of the road & very quickly you will see Caribe Tours on the left.

Are the car hire people meeting you there to return your paperwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.